Author Topic: 4G or not to be!  (Read 1858 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
4G or not to be!
« on: April 23, 2015, 21:00:29 PM »

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: 4G or not to be!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 21:35:14 PM »
Well here's Reg showing he knows as much about telecoms as he does about economics! Reg is trying the old bold leap in technology trick by mentioning 5g technology to give the impression that his thinking and Turkey's technology are at the cutting edge.... Yer right, is there an election on by any chance?

Turkey once again is behind the curve on the introduction of mobile technology, even other developing nations are further down the road of 4g technology than Turkey. If anything Turkey will not, as Reg has stated, become a dumping ground for 4g technology, but more like a dumping ground for 3G, which it was late in adopting and so has probably not had a return on 3G investment before tackling 4g.

At the moment they are at the stage of licensing or auction of radio frequencies, and that process is not due to complete on current estimates. So we are unlikely to see any 4 g much before the middle or end iof 2016 and even then probably only in limited areas of the golden triangle Istanbul, Izmir and Ankara. Be interesting to see whether there are any new entrants into Turkey to compete with the present anointed oligopoly of Turkcell, avea and Vodafone.

4g technology is really good and could make a great difference to us living or visiting Fethiye, with fantastic speeds both download and upload, and unless Turk Telecom does something about the poor Fixed broadband, 4g could offer a viable, indeed improved, alternative for Internet connectivity, so goodbye fixed land line and broadband.  Providing of course that we do not have the big problem they have with UK 4g, great outdoors, but not so good in doors where it drops back to a 3G service!

Finally, a thought all this super fast and unlimited bandwidth, what's it going to be used for by the masses?  Downloaded and dumb American films and TV , cannot be missed chimp factor or britains got chimps, chimp book , narcissistic selfies and inan chat ..... You despair really...well I do anyway

Offline Menthol

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 22:43:39 PM »
What do you use your bandwidth for, UBT?

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 08:59:52 AM »
What do you use your bandwidth for, UBT?

Thank you Menthol for your kind enquiry, I only use my valuable bandwidth for quality downloads from the world, which are getting harder to find, and naturally my upload bandwidth for my own quality crafted output to the world   ;)

FYI Menthol if you want some help in achieving my levels of quality you'll be pleased to hear that I am in the final phase of the software build and testing for a new App.  (Android Only).  Which is basically a high quality 'quality filter', where I set the algorithms to enable individual users to achieve the quality threshold that I achieve.  The app. will be free, but I intend to release later in the year a paid for App. ($99 annual subscription) for users to be able to achieve the higher executive and discerning levels of quality I do.  I've got Lance carrying out some UAT - User Acceptance Testing - for me, after which I will be able to let you know the launch date. It will be branded as either Drop-Chimp or Googled Chimp, keep an eye out for it on Play Store, or, in the immortal words of Vojo, watch this space....Have a nice day everyone :  :) :P

Offline Menthol

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 22:33:28 PM »
So will I still be able to get cute cat videos and life hacks?
Apparently I have been peeling bananas incorrectly all my life and there may be other such faux pas I need to know about and put right.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf