Author Topic: Thermo construction block  (Read 23920 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Thermo construction block
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 08:30:41 AM »
Oh look here it is...hmmmm I'm no expert but are they Thermalite heat insulating blocks or standard shyte local cheap terracotta pots?

Mmmmm toasty warm, just like the builder said.

Oh and sold too, now I wonder who already bought that :D

And now I shall butt out of this topic too   ;)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 10:11:53 AM »

A concrete floor + concrete ceilings + concrete roof & frame + terracotta pots + lots of glass + Uzumlu's altitude

= no thermal value and a frightening heating bill. !!!!!            But there again, if the builder/seller says it's cozy.   :(

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 13:34:08 PM »
One, ( or maybe even two ) would certainly be a lot warmer in a tent, than in that abortion of a " building ". Methinx that this particular " builder , barman, waiter, shoe-shine boy ", has found an easy , gullible mark, or an even easier, more gullible, yoshi, and will continue to systematically " suck him in " to his vast web of lies!! The only thing resembling the WHITE so-called Thermalite blocks, is the name of the " builders " company !!

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 13:50:55 PM »
Thank you Scunner but your too late I already have this photo !
I can see for myself what the bricks are, nobody has said any differant but what I am trying to investigate is their quality because they vary so much, oh and yes some are called thermal blocks.
Unless you know something I dont the house I have viewed is still for sale. The photo you have is not the same house.
Why you choose to be so rude about this topic is beyond me, I choose to be polite and gracious to those that have offered advise unfortunately it can't be said for everyone.
And why everyone assumes I am gullible is ridiculous, i have simply asked a few questions about the project and the retaliation is no better than being in the playground.
Let me make it clear to prevent anyone else jumping on the band wagon. I have simply viewed a property that I am now investigating no more no less. I have not brought it and until I am completely comfortable I do not intend to. We are a successful and intelligent couple that will do the same investigations that you all would do in the same situation.
Such a shame

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 14:15:59 PM »
Their quality is poor. In terms of thermal insulation they do not vary so much, they do not vary at all. Thermally, they are all poor. The name the builder gave you "Luke isi" appears a total of 0 times on Google so researching them would probably be difficult.

Yesterday they were Thermalite blocks (a trademarked, white concrete block manufactured by Thermalite) and you know that because you saw them in the garden - today they are terracotta as shown in the photograph that you claim you already had when claiming they were Thermalite! You also claimed it is impossible to know what the fabric of the building was, under the façade, because the properties were nearly finished. Again, you wrote that -nthen claimed you already had the photo I posted. The photo that shows....let me think on this one...ah yes, the fabric of the building under the façade..!

I have no idea why you think people are being rude. People (not just me) have seen the fresh British lamb going to the slaughter many, many times in the Turkish property market and we have members of this forum who are paying a mortgage they obtained for a property in Turkey they didn't even get to legally own, and will be doing so for a decade or two yet  - because they fell into well known traps.

These people (not just me) are quite possibly rude, but we are trying to help you - you can't see that and assume we are ridiculing you or something. We are not - we are offering, freely, our experience and if there is any sense of rudeness it is actually frustration that you are going out of your way to find ways of convincing yourself that your builder and therefore you are right, and all of us who went through this (some of us many times) are wrong, and nasty.

I would call this rude, but not rude enough to have bleated on about it:

As for you having a million more times experience than me in the Turkish property market, good for you !

I find it rude firstly because it is at a level I would expect in an argument with my kids. But mainly because me having experience of many hundreds of property purchases in Turkey, and now no longer having any property or involvment in property there now, it is not good for me. It is of no use to me at all. The whole idea was that it might be good for you.

But one thing I did learn in my years of property dealing is that there is a certain number of people that cannot be saved from themselves. All the rest of us can do is realise that and let you get on with it.

CBF is 12 years old and we have had countless requests for information on all manner of things, not just property. Regular members will recall the number of times people have asked for advice and get upset when the advice doesn't match exactly their own thoughts. They don't want any opinions that don't agree with their own.

If you found this post rude, good for you. For the record I can do rude very well, I haven't for many months though.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 14:19:34 PM »

= no thermal value and a frightening heating bill. !!!!!            But there again, if the builder/seller says it's cozy.   :(

Now Kevin it states on their website £75 a month will "easily" cover all the utilities!

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 14:43:21 PM »
For the record I can do rude very well, I haven't for many months though.

I don't know sh1t about modern concrete and bricks, but I can do rude far better than you  ;)

These two threads are all about horses + water + dehydration.

Oh, and someone who wants the facts to fit their vision, and getting upset when it doesn't.  Haven't had one of these for a while.

JF

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 14:44:56 PM »
I have no idea why you think people are being rude.
I've been reading this post and the one of Uzumlu winters and am equally mystified why this "rude" thing started. I can see that some posts after the rude accusation was thrown about show some members' exasperation but nothing rude before the complaint was made.

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 15:03:27 PM »
The only builder that I can recall using good insulation methods was an English man called Colin who lived in Ovacik.He built some properties in Uzumlu a few years ago.

Offline Pussinboots

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 18:08:04 PM »
It's not just Turkey that doesn't build well insulated homes other Med Countries are just as bad f o r rougue builders and freezing conditions. I remember when I owned a house in Paphos Cyprus struggling to keep warm and coping with minus temps. It may shine for a few hours in the day but lose the sun and temps plummet. These countries get snow and ice just like back home.

Also...remember living here all year you get acclimatised and feel the cold as badly as a local. It's n o t the same as flitting here for a couple of weeks mid winter and feeling the difference to back home and then thinking you can cope. You won't unless your a millionaire who can afford Mahoosive fuel bills!!!

Caveat emptor !!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf