Author Topic: Our recent experience  (Read 16915 times)

Offline sadler

Re: Our recent experience
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2015, 19:48:22 PM »
Highlander, I am so sorry for the events which have overtaken your holiday. My very best wishes to Brenda and here is a hope for a speedy recovery. None of us expect our holiday, which we have looked forward to all year, to end like this. My best wishes to you both and here's hoping that it hasn't put the kibosh on things. Something tells me that you will both overcome and make the best of things. Best wishes.  :)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2015, 20:49:59 PM »
In the past we have used both the Latoon and Esnaf hospitals. We have had excellent service/treatment from both. We were private patients and the fees charged were a fraction of what we pay in the UK. Also it was winter and out of the main tourist season.

Offline Mrs T

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2015, 23:32:35 PM »
Hope  Brenda is recovering well. This year we too had experience of Turkish medical care. Mr T hurt his foot and after two days of swelling and increasing pain and difficulty walking finally agreed that he needed a doctor. We arrived at Esnaf Hospital at 5.15 pm and were taken straight to a department for foreign visitors. There they took details of his injury and copies of his passport and travel insurance policy. As H said you also need a copy of your flight confirmation and your GP's details and your National Insurance number.  We were then passed on to an English speaking Patient liaison person who we recognised as Yaz, an ex barman from the Mutlu Hotel. He gave us a sheaf of papers to complete and transferred us to an examination room.  Mr T was seen immediately by a doctor and then carted off in a wheelchair for xrays while I was left working on the forms.  I was still playing secretary when he arrived back in the waiting area and was told the consultant would be with us soon. Yaz was with us when the consultant gave the diagnosis, fortunately no break, just a problem with the ligaments. Anti-inflammatory gel and tablets were prescribed.  We then went to an office area where we rang our travel insurers who gave a reference number to enable the hospital to obtain payment and we paid the £50 direct to the hospital. We left the hospital with a supply of the medication and were back at our hotel in Calis by 7.15.  Compare that with my elderly Mum's experience at home in England the following weekend when she fell in the street and dislocated her shoulder.  She was taken to A&E and wasn't seen by a doctor for over 4 hours.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 20:08:20 PM »
Really sorry about Brenda's predicament, fingers crossed that you get sorted soon.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2015, 11:43:22 AM »
Trying to arrange a wheelchair at Dalaman and Glasgow is proving impossible.

>:( >:( >:(

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2015, 11:59:08 AM »
Have you spoken to your insurers?  Their responsibility doesn't end (on the basis you've made a claim) when the individual is released from hospital.

JF

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2015, 12:12:57 PM »
Thanks for that suggestion JohnF.

Are 0800 numbers free in Turkey do you know we are low on money on phone.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2015, 12:20:01 PM »
My friend had the same problem from Faro to Leeds the other year. Made him walk up the steps after surgery to remove his appendix!

Hope you get it sorted. If there's anything I can do from this end I'm available to try.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2015, 12:25:13 PM »
Many thanks stoop

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 12:25:42 PM »
Trying to arrange a wheelchair at Dalaman and Glasgow is proving impossible.

>:( >:( >:(

Friends needed to add wheelchair assistance to their booking when they went back this weekend. They contacted the airline, who organised everything at both ends. If I can help in any way, just shout.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf