Author Topic: Can anyone report their experience of using FiNet  (Read 10612 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Can anyone report their experience of using FiNet
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2015, 13:45:28 PM »
Based on my own knowledge, experience, plus a visit to SkyFibernet Office and Rimms house to see an install here are my pros and cons of the SkyFibernet service (vs TTNET).  I think it is a fair assumption to say that most of the points covered below also apply to FINET, unless someone can advise me otherwise.

Pros

Good download and upload speeds, which are guaranteed.  Not like the usual 'Up To' xMBit speeds you get from broadband services.  Three download speed options 4,6 and 8 MBit which are Unlimited.

No requirement for  a fixed landline, making a saving against the TT and TTNET services.  Perhaps more importantly no requirement for the service to transit the very poor local telephone network..

A neat install consisting of a small 'dish' about 12"x7" on your roof, with a thin cable to a good TP-Link 4 port wireless router-that's it.

Option (10tl) to have a smart DNS, which like a VPN, masks where you are and allows you to access UK based services like Iplayer etc. but also has the advantage over VPN of no reduction in quality as a result of using the the DNS service.

Small company offering a dedicated service, and delivered in English as well, which they say they will seek to maintain as they grow.

A new network that does not suffer from any 'heritage' problems of old kit or standards.  So they are better able to control and manage their network to ensure that their customers get the service they are paying for without interuption, unlike TTNET who are - IMHO - the worst ISP(Internet Service Provider) I have come across.

A service built on a network where there are few 'points of failure' unlike TTNET's network.  In other words there are less things to go wrong.  Which also means that if something does go wrong it can be fixed relatively quickly and simply.  He is prepared to offer a guarantee that if you are out for longer than 24hours, you will not pay for the service for the month.

Unlike the TTNET Fibre service this service is available all over Fethiye, very soon to Uzumlu and at some future date (depending perhaps on demand) up to Ovacik and Hissy.

No requirement for Residency to get the service, there could even be a deal to be done for a 'summer only' service for those requiring the service only during the holiday season.

CONS

A 600tl installation fee for the service and kit.

A small company, that does not have the resources of larger companies like TTNET.  And perhaps more importantly is in start up mode so there is a risk of the company going 'under' in the early days with no alternative supplier to pick up it's customers.

There is at this early stage little 'resilience', if any, in the network.  There is only one site with a single network cabinet, with no redundancy or failover, either within the building itself or an alternative site.  The site is served by a single fibre cable, with no alternate routing or service.  The question you need to ask here is in the 'unlikely' event of a problem with any of these key parts of the network, how quickly could the network be rebuilt/repaired?

And what would I do?

So I suppose the acid test is, would I take the SkyFibernet service?  I do not need to make the decision until March next year, by which time we will know more about the TTNET Fibre to the Cabinet service currently being constructed across Fethiye.  However, I would say at this time, even when taking into account the risks of dealing with a small company highlighted above and the high 600tl entry price (which should be recoverable over time with cheaper prices for the service, DNS/VPN and no landline) I think I would/will take the SkyFibernet service, as I have a good idea of what I will be getting, can expect and understand in dealing with a company like this.  And finally if for no other reason than I am fed up with the cr*p service I am getting from TTNET. : :) : :)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2015, 14:07:15 PM »
Thanks USB, very informative post, it sounds great.  :)

(not that I'm any expert)   ;)

Offline Jack13

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2015, 14:14:18 PM »
kayakebab. we are near the old upside down bridge. are you having problems at the moment. internet very slow.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2015, 14:42:29 PM »
Jack13 - we are near Sevi Classic and it is working fine for two of us on our site - hope you sort it soon

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2015, 15:24:33 PM »
we had a couple if blips around 1pm but otherwise all fine.
I know your on a different mast to us as a friend is neat old peoples home and theirs was perfect while we had our problems.

Offline Denton

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2015, 13:59:45 PM »
What an informative `take` you put together UsedBusTickets.  Very helpful indeed.  Just one question - Can you use the Mag 250 android box on either Skyfibrenet or FiNet as we use this connected to NTV and would like to keep this under any new system.  Thank you.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2015, 17:30:48 PM »
we use an android box with Finet.
Don't know about your model but would assume an android box is an android box?

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2015, 20:32:07 PM »
What an informative `take` you put together UsedBusTickets.  Very helpful indeed.  Just one question - Can you use the Mag 250 android box on either Skyfibrenet or FiNet as we use this connected to NTV and would like to keep this under any new system.  Thank you.
no technical reason that I can think of.  The guy who 'runs' Skyfiber used to install the mag250 so to be compketly sure ask him.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf