Author Topic: Well done Leicester City  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Well done Leicester City
« on: May 02, 2016, 22:46:09 PM »
A truly magnificent achievement   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Well done Leicester City
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 23:26:26 PM »
Roy of the Rovers stuff, but more far fetched.

Possibly the most astonishing turnaround in the history of sport. Since the allies fightback in the second half of Escape to Victory anyway.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 23:56:08 PM »
Great to see Leicester win, good for football, fantastic for the Premiership as it not only maintains its record of being the most exciting, competitive and viewable league in the world, but the one that delivers real cinderella stories two.

Well done to Raneiri I liked him at Chelski, thought he was an astute, honest and big hearted manager, and he shown this again at LC. One other thing I liked about LC was that it was not a team of overpaid, overblown egos and overvalued players. It was a real team/squad who played for each other, and congfirms you do not need a team made up mostly of superstars to win, you can like Notts Forest before tham, do by having the best collective team.

And before anyone says anything, yes I was glad that the Spuds didn't do it, and I have not stopped laughing at the FT result at Chelski   ;) ;D ;D ;D

Offline yabanci

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 05:53:17 AM »
Well done Leicester, a fantastic achievement. It goes to show you dont have to spend vast amounts of money to win the Premier League. The PFA's player of the year Riyad Mahrez cost just £400,000 and their record signing Leonardo Ulloa a mere £8 million, small change for the Premier League.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 07:02:55 AM »

A fantastic result very well deserved. They put some of the "top teams " to shame. I'm just watching a replay of Chelsea V Spurs.

What a total disgrace, scratching, biting, foul after foul.

Ranieri is a true gentleman and doesn't badmouth others, and his squad have shown the true meaning of the word  TEAM.

PS. Well done to Mark Selby for making it a Leicester double.     :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 13:04:59 PM »
Well done Leicester, a fantastic achievement. It goes to show you dont have to spend vast amounts of money to win the Premier League. The PFA's player of the year Riyad Mahrez cost just £400,000 and their record signing Leonardo Ulloa a mere £8 million, small change for the Premier League.

I understand they spent around £100m to get out of the Championship ... and it wasn't all above board according to some.

So it's not quite Roy of the Rovers stuff.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 17:54:50 PM »

I understand they spent around £100m to get out of the Championship ...

And nearly got them relegated back into it 12 months ago. Still A Roy of the Rovers turnaround.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf