Author Topic: Dawn Beach overcharging?  (Read 8164 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Dawn Beach overcharging?
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 19:11:46 PM »
I thought that people on this forum would benefit from a warning, I hardly think it's fair to condone me for posting it!  This year looks like a few places are trying different strategies with low visitor numbers.

Quite right to post as you see it - don't let it put you off doing the same for any other establishment if necessary.

Folks on here are often very quick to defend their "local" restaurant or somewhere a "friend" works when they see any critical posts, I've been guilty of it myself once  :) As long as its not an (obviously) malicious posting, your opinion carries as much weight as theirs.

Surely you meant condemn rather than condone?

Seriously?  Are you the typo polis now?

JF

Offline WendyA

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 19:14:53 PM »
Sorry, predictive text!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 20:13:28 PM »
I'm with Wendy too..!

The point of the forum is to share experiences. The point of your brain is to decide whether you take them on board or dismiss them  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 22:54:07 PM »
Wendy where you in the Meeting Point on Saturday Night?  There was a lady on her own that now I think about it, looked like you.  If so, if we see you again we will say Hello.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 12:39:43 PM »
   ;D ;D Quite like old times...

Offline WendyA

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 13:06:07 PM »
Thanks, Jacqui - yes, I was!!  Were you part of the birthday party?  Sorry, I spent most of the time trying to contact my partner on Skype!

Offline marina

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 15:10:45 PM »
Anyway, back to the original topic i.e. Dawn Beach overcharging! 

Of course Wendy is perfectly entitled to share her experiences and warn others if she genuinely feels she was overcharged.  It's an open forum and everyone will have different opinions.

We go to the Dawn Beach quite often when we are in Calis, mostly to have a few drinks and watch the rugby. We have also eaten there too.  We've never felt like we were overcharged at any time, in fact have remarked how reasonable it's been.  When we were there at the beginning of May and most other restaurants were crying out for business, Dawn Beach were nearly always full on a evening, some quite large groups of people eating and drinking.  However, it's still tough times for everyone and it's a shame, and obviously wrong,  if this has happened to Wendy and possibly others too who maybe haven't even noticed.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 15:16:02 PM »
Hi Wendy,
No, we were next to the birthday party and one table away from you.  Sorry, we did not know who you were or we would have invited you over.

We have only been to the Dawn Beach a couple of times and it does seem to be very popular with wth ex-pats.  I agree, Wendy has every right tell us she was overcharged.  I don't see why people would complain about her doing that.

Offline WendyA

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 18:01:22 PM »
Thanks, anyway, Jacqui! Out on the front now, but Mark is coming out tomorrow evening, so no more sad meals on my own!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf