Author Topic: cabin baggage  (Read 8769 times)

Offline vivadonkeyoaty

• Newly Registered
cabin baggage
« on: April 26, 2017, 16:48:01 PM »
I am flying back to UK with Easy jet. I understand that my tablet and small camera would have to go in the hold. I don't have hold baggage booked. Does that mean my cabin baggage would have to be put in the hold? Do I have to pay extra for this?
Thanks to anyone who knows.

Offline mickinblack

Re: cabin baggage
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 19:09:25 PM »
They will put in hold for free.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 09:12:56 AM »
Reading on F.B. Last night if you only have hand luggage and yours contains electronic equipment it will be put in the hold for free if you are travelling with Easyjet.
However, as I see this, if a cabin bag is put in the hold, you are announcing to the luggage handlers that there is electronic equipment inside your bag. I have heard there is a cling wrap machine at Dalaman which is used for luggage, so this might be a good idea. Also, best to check if your Insurance Company will cover your hand luggage being put in the hold with your electronic equipment in it.

Offline davybill

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 16:48:08 PM »
When you fly back to Turkey,make sure your electronics are in your
Hand luggage,as we seen people having to take it out of Hold luggage.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 20:10:52 PM »
Easyjet are saying on their website that all electronic equipment must be put in hold luggage when flying back from Turkey.
If you take it out of hold luggage and put it in hand luggage, it will be put in the hold, so what is the point of that?

Offline davybill

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 07:44:37 AM »
Easyjet are saying on their website that all electronic equipment must be put in hold luggage when flying back from Turkey.
If you take it out of hold luggage and put it in hand luggage, it will be put in the hold, so what is the point of that?
Jacqui I said when you fly to Turkey.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 11:23:13 AM »
Yes, When you fly to Turkey there is no problem, it is coming back there is a problem.
Phil got in touch with our Insurance, Customer Care Department, they said we would be insured to bring back electronic equipment in the hold luggage.  Phil asked to be put through to the Claims Department, they said there was no cover.  He then was asked to be put back to Customer Care Dept, who said that as long as all the rules where applied when bring back electronic equipment we would be covered and asked Phil why he had come back to them.  He told them what their Claims Department had said. They said they had the printed update in front of them, but could not put this into writing for us... So there we have it.   Phil is going to buy a cheap laptop to bring over. >:( :o

Offline vivadonkeyoaty

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 12:56:58 PM »
Thanks all for the information.
Jacqui what is the purpose of the cling wrap? Is it just for protection or does it foil the baggage handlers in some way?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 09:58:11 AM »
Monarch told me cameras were fine in hand luggage. Just flown back from Italy and they don't even need the taking out of the hand luggage case.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 13:38:14 PM »
Yes, When you fly to Turkey there is no problem, it is coming back there is a problem.
Phil got in touch with our Insurance, Customer Care Department, they said we would be insured to bring back electronic equipment in the hold luggage.  Phil asked to be put through to the Claims Department, they said there was no cover.  He then was asked to be put back to Customer Care Dept, who said that as long as all the rules where applied when bring back electronic equipment we would be covered and asked Phil why he had come back to them.  He told them what their Claims Department had said. They said they had the printed update in front of them, but could not put this into writing for us... So there we have it.   Phil is going to buy a cheap laptop to bring over. >:( :o

Thanks all for the information.
Jacqui what is the purpose of the cling wrap? Is it just for protection or does it foil the baggage handlers in some way?

It stops the baggage handlers getting into luggage.  This is what it looks like.
http://luggage-point.co.uk/bag-wrap-point

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf