Author Topic: Monarch euro exchange rates given on flights  (Read 2194 times)

Offline daveG

Monarch euro exchange rates given on flights
« on: June 24, 2017, 11:17:20 AM »
Really do like Monarch as an airline particularly the service/flight availability from LBA, however as is the case with all charter airlines when planning one way flights at the end of their season, they really do load prices. eg for returns from DLM the cost for end Oct is currently around the 300+euros p.p  (on their essentials package). Which brings me to the subject of the conversion from euros to £s. We came across a bargain.. we thought from DLM/MCH on the 2nd Nov showing E378.80 (2Pers) but the conversion to £356.58 @0.94 however at todays rate of 0.88 (1.13)their is a significant mark-up. Are my sums wrong?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Monarch euro exchange rates given on flights
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 11:24:23 AM »
At a "straight" conversion rate it should have been a few pennies under £334, so £356 is nice little rate for Monarch. If you have Euro-friendly credit card then better to pay €.

Offline thekeyclan

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 12:23:13 PM »
When booking Monarch flights I always choose the option ( at the point if confirming payment) to allow my bank to determine the exchange rate, to date it has always been better than what Monarch offer.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 12:33:54 PM »
Just checked what I would have got with my credit card. £333.26.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf