Author Topic: high flight prices  (Read 5159 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: high flight prices
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 08:38:06 AM »
These prices are on F.B.Turkish Forums every week.  If you can leave it until late it seems you get cheap prices.

That's why I said to follow them on fb (or twitter). That way they pop up in your feed when the flights are available.

Might try them next year.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 09:04:44 AM »
Hi Jacqui,

Any idea if they have released flights for end of August yet? Or how long in advance do they tend to show flights for ?  I need to be back in the UK end of Aug but flights are looking sooo expensive, this could be a cheaper option.  I take it those prices also are not "From £xxx" and end up going up dramatically when you actually look to book them.. 

Give the Turkish number a ring or go to their F.B. Page and message them.   The lady who works there is English I think she is married to a Turk.   She will take your details and get back to you with flights.  It seems the last minute ones are the cheapest.  I contacted her about Scottish flights and she did say the best flight prices. if you can do this, are a few days before the flight is due to leave.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 10:48:22 AM »
For the first time since 2009, we were cheaper booking a package holiday to Calis in September. Flights, baggage, transfer & hotel prices were more this year than booking a package holiday. Good luck getting booked.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 10:52:59 AM »
It is much cheaper to book a cheap holiday option.. seen some for Ovacik. You don't need to take the hotel.. just tell the rep at the airport that you will be using the return flight

Offline Janette Din

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 13:13:19 PM »
i have signed up to the thomson turkey FB page. they said that from newcastle or Doncaster it will be end July beofre the cheap flights are released as they are currently tied up to packages. we can wait as villa booked and are flexible about flying fri. sat.sun or mon.. will keep you posted

Offline Janette Din

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 21:09:35 PM »
flights out of dalaman to the north east/Yorkshire are still very expensive and going up! Thomson only release their 1 ways a couple of weeks before so loks like we will be going to turkey with no return flight booked. never done that before. it wont cause us any problems on arrival will it? we arrive 4/8 and loking to return anytime bank hol weekend

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf