Author Topic: wheelchair users on flights.  (Read 6698 times)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
wheelchair users on flights.
« on: July 27, 2017, 14:25:13 PM »
I flew back from Dalaman this week with my disabled friend (wheelchair user). When we boarded the flight (before the rest of the travellers) there were 3 disabled passengers. Fine you might think......until arriving at Manchester. one of 'the disabled' passengers legs 'were magically cured' and she was one of the first passengers off the plane!!
Outrageous behaviour.....literally taking the wee....and it does give REAL disabled passengers a bad name.

Offline Christie

Re: wheelchair users on flights.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 14:40:40 PM »
Yes, we have noticed people who board the plane by wheel chair miraculously recover during the flight and rather than wait in their seats for assistance ie get off last,  they are able to walk off like the rest of the passengers.   Obviously there are a lot of genuine wheel chair users that need the assistance they get but the service e is abused by some.   When we were in Malaga airport people from our hotel had wheel chair assistance, and they were dancing the night away on the dance floor the night before.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 16:22:28 PM »
Surely it's up to the cabin staff to have a word and/or report the passenger to their head office with a view to retrospective action being taken against said passenger.

>:(

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 16:40:21 PM »
When we were in Malaga airport people from our hotel had wheel chair assistance, and they were dancing the night away on the dance floor the night before.
I expect that when they got home they claimed against the hotel for incapacitating them with food poisoning.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 17:01:20 PM »
I met some friends off their flight into Dalaman earlier this season. I had to wait a while for them & was shocked at not just the number of wheelchair assisted passengers coming out of the terminal, but also the ages of most of them, which was in the 30 - 40ish range. Quite honestly most of them looked liked the walk would have done them good   ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 18:51:19 PM »
Last year we were waiting to board and where in a queque.  There was an elderly couple in front of us both with walking sticks. Next thing we were all told to move back as someone in a wheelchair was being pushed along, behind them were 5 members of their family.  Then this happened again another wheelchair with 3 family members.  The elderly man remarked to us, it was fair enough for people with wheelchair getting on first, but why all their family too?   During the flight both wheelchair users where up and down to the loo walking just fine and also in the queue to get off the plane when we landed.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 19:50:07 PM »
Absolutely disgusting behaviour, some people have no shame. My dad who is 92 and disabled complains time and time again about people parking in disabled bays when they are not! When he has questioned them he's just got abuse. What's the world coming too  : :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 20:16:36 PM »
Surely it's up to the cabin staff to have a word and/or report the passenger to their head office with a view to retrospective action being taken against said passenger.

>:(

What kind of retrospective action H ? Send 'The Lads' round  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 20:20:55 PM »
In previous times when there were no seat allocations on Easyjet, there was no chaos in any airport that came close to the "Dalaman scrum" - people slowly migrating towards the gate in anticipation of the flight boarding being called, and creating a messy huddle of humans.

Now back then, there were far more people needing wheelchair assistance. Strange as I often spotted them either at the pool earlier in the week looking quite nimble, or back at the UK airport going at some pace to get to the busses and car parks.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 20:37:45 PM »
What kind of retrospective action H ? Send 'The Lads' round    ;)

No - my first thought would be to make sure their next flight was full of screaming wee yins.

:)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf