Author Topic: Monarch in a mess Again  (Read 10460 times)

Offline blueclad

Re: Monarch in a mess Again
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 13:43:47 PM »
Kenkay.

when lowcost holidays went pop we followed the info on martin lewis web page re paypal at the time and got our refund in 8 days ,

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 14:43:49 PM »
Martyn Lewis reports some reluctance by Santander to honour their chargeback commitments for Monarch flights after December 2017. But Martyn is on the case so perhaps Santander will see the error of the decision pretty soon. To be fair, they paid out without quibble to me over the Lowcost Holidays bankruptcy.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 15:51:09 PM »
My thoughts are with all the people who make our holidays in Calis so special.

I sincerely hope they will not suffer to drastically as a result of Monarch's demise :(

Offline marina

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 16:27:06 PM »
Well, we've now got sorted with new flights, although we're having to miss a few days of the original holiday. But we'd originally booked to go out on Thursday for four weeks and now go Sunday for three weeks which, bearing in mind what other people are losing in terms of jobs, money, holidays etc, is nothing.  My credit card company are going to reimburse the original flights.

Have booked with Thomas Cook too which went against the grain a bit  >:(  but they weren't the worst for extortionate prices.

Have been appalled at what the other airlines were charging and how quickly they were changing.  Easyjet probably the worst.  the flights I looked at with them were rising by about £100 every 30 minutes.  the last time I looked they were about £900 for two of us  without bags!!  Other flights just disappearing before your eyes, or increasing by the minute! Awful situation but, as I said before we are better off than many others. 

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 16:32:30 PM »
Something funny here. I've already replied on this thread and blueclad answered my question regarding paypal but they are both gone? How's that happened?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 16:36:46 PM »
We booked Monarch over a year ago to go to Cyprus a week on Saturday for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. I was checking my booking last night and was concerned that when putting in my booking reference I got "booking not found". I thought this might be a sign of bad news coming but also it could have been that the system was overloaded with people like me doing the same.

I was up at 06:29 this morning and the news was confirmed. Our accommodation in Cyprus is paid, we would get nothing back if we cancelled. I went straight onto the Easyjet site and found they flew Liverpool to Larnaca (we booked Leeds Bradford to Larnaca with Monarch) the exact same dates - and at that time it was CHEAPER than what we paid a year ago for the Monarch ones. I booked with great haste - in fact the email confirmation came timed 06:37, eight minutes after I woke up :o Luckily when I read the email I hadn't got the wrong year or booked from Cyprus to UK or anything else daft.

The 4 flights were £735 more expensive by midday.

I'm mighty relieved at having saved our anniversary plans.

With great sympathy to the several thousand people who have lost their jobs and those who will lose their holiday.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 16:37:51 PM »
Something funny here. I've already replied on this thread and blueclad answered my question regarding paypal but they are both gone? How's that happened?

The reply is the first post on this page Ken

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 17:03:58 PM »
Today I've helped friends book their return to the UK, as their return date is outwith the CAA's current final date for repatriation. £78 each - no bags - via Istanbul to Stansted with Pegasus, they're well chuffed as it's less than they had paid for their Monarch flights!

Offline IanK

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 17:14:56 PM »
I was just on the TC web site checking my booking (I booked 1st thing this morning) form Dalaman to Manchester -and saw this message:

15386 people have viewed this route in the past 24 hours

That's a lot of people wanting to get back from Dalaman.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2017, 17:39:22 PM »

The reply is the first post on this page Ken
They've come back. Honest!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf