Author Topic: Monarch in a mess Again  (Read 10464 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Monarch in a mess Again
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2017, 17:41:13 PM »
You need to take more tonic with it.  ;)

Offline stuart1955

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2017, 17:45:27 PM »
We were booked for the 14.00 flight from dalaman to Gatwick and luckily got away on time and landed on time, operator was freebird. Hope everyone one gets sorted

Offline yabanci

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2017, 09:45:47 AM »

Have been appalled at what the other airlines were charging and how quickly they were changing.  Easyjet probably the worst. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/02/airlines-accused-cashing-monarch-collapse-raise-prices-stranded/

Offline marina

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2017, 10:03:27 AM »
It got worse! I looked again last night and a return flight for two, Manchester to Dalaman with easyjet next week, was almost £1200!!! No bags in that. Scandalous  >:(

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2017, 14:28:22 PM »
RIP Monarch, last flight with you on the day before you went was just about as perfect as you can get on a charter flight, fab crew, spotless plane with superb legroom & seat width, on time etc. Flight back with Thomson's was OK but they still need to sort out their seat configuration, cramming em in like sardines will still force some folk to go elsewhere 1st.

Question is: who will take over? Wrong planes for Ryan air, right planes for EJ so crew & maintenance don't need retraining, certainly looks like they will grab some if not all of the slots & crew. For me I'd like to see Norwegian given some better slots, fantastic experience with them for not much more expense than the rest.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf