Author Topic: Thomas Cook v Jet2  (Read 5679 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Thomas Cook v Jet2
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 09:29:19 AM »
Scunner's point 4 is I believe a reference to Thomas Cooks behaviour in the death of two kids in Corfu.

Not directly relevant to the flight question but lots of people do avoid the airline for that reason.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 09:52:05 AM »

Wow, let's all turn up with overweight luggage and ask them to be forgiving.
Come on the rules are clear. There are employees like many other people who are
expected to abide by Company rules when they sign their contact of employment.

Where did I say I arrived with overweight luggage?

The last time we travelled with TC we were under weight allowance for checked in luggage and had one item of hand luggage which weighed 7kg (allowance = 5kg). The Jobsworth staff pleb read us the rules riot act and asked for a payment to cover the massive 2 extra kilograms. I pointed out that there was two of us and I had no hand luggage so therefore we were 3kg UNDER. Again, we were told (in a style as if we were morons, or children) that the maximum for each was 5kg.

So we found a carrier bag in the one hand luggage bag, took some items out and put them in the carrier bag. Twat in a hat weighed both in turn - and confirmed they were both under 5kg and printed our boarding cards. While standing right in front of her still, I put the carrier bag of iems back into the original bag and zipped it up.

Now David I can play these futile games all day as long as I get my flight, and with about 100 people behind me it wasn't going to leave without us all. Trouble is, if they are as unaccommodating and rigid as that with everyone, people will have a very long wait.

And I also didn't mention any problem with travelling with kids - please keep up David.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 09:55:22 AM »
Whether it's directly relevant or indirectly relevant, TC did everything they could to abrogate responsibility for the deaths of Christi and Bobby Shepherd, aged seven and six.

I said at the time (maybe not on here) that I would never us that company again, not a penny of my money would boost their coffers.   

That said, I wont criticise those who do use them, it's all down to personal choice at the end of the day.

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 09:54:45 AM »
I would use them if it was the only way but wouldn't if there were two or more ways. I dislike them and prefer all the other airlines.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 12:26:30 PM »
So ... Monarch is dead; if all I could afford was Ryan Air, I wouldn't bother; our trip with British Airways last week was a shambles; Thomas Cook is immoral; Jet2 doesn't fly from Bristol; and Tui Thomson  is only just about OK. I hope nothing happens to easyJet or we'll be catching the ferry boat from Weymouth. Hey ho!

Offline blueclad

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 12:53:26 PM »
We are flying with Thomas Cook from Gatwick in June to Dalaman , [  NO jet 2 as yet from Gatwick ] Our first T C Flights in 9 yrs cheaper than this years flights as it includes 2 hold bags seats together and a crap meal   :P :P and day flights both ways  We will see how it goes,
waiting for the Pegasus flights to be released in November  for 2018 @ various airports   for our end of September/ early october  trip to Calis  or easy jet if cheaper

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 13:38:58 PM »
I think my last TC flight was 9 years ago too

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 13:45:29 PM »
Never flown Jet2 (do they fly from the south?). TC are just a shambles from start to finish, my most hated airline & I'll only use them as a last resort, just everything about them sucks as per numerous previous posts.

Offline marina

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 19:24:45 PM »
Well, our first TC flight on Sunday night for a long time and, much as I would like to say it was a shambles, I honestly can't. We'd checked in online the night before so used the bag drop facility which was pretty quick and easy. Due to depart at 17.20 we actually took off at 17.40, not really a big deal and they did apologise and say it was because the incoming flight had been delayed. The aircraft was pretty new, clean and comfortable.. Cabin crew ok. As good a flight as I've had coming out here, we landed at 21.20 UK time.
Having said all that we were only flying with  them due to the Monarch collapse and they will never be my first choice airline, on moral grounds alone.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf