Author Topic: Great Credit to Holidayextras, Hoppa and Halifax  (Read 3299 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Great Credit to Holidayextras, Hoppa and Halifax
« on: October 03, 2017, 23:02:33 PM »
Having lost our flights with Monarch in 10 days time, it was a small silver lining to experience the proactive approach of the above companies.

We booked Leeds/Bradford airport parking with Holidayextras, who had already contacted me by the time I got home to say they would look at waiving any cancellation costs incurred for people affected by the airline's closure - and they did exactly that less than 24 hours after I filled in their specially made online form.

Hoppa the same, their email was waiting for me with steps of how to change details to new flights and flight times etc. All done.

I was wondering where to start with the actual process of getting the fare money back (which I had booked using my trusty Halifax Clarity mastercard) and without even contacting them, I received a text from them today, saying they note I had transactions with Monarch and giving me a contact number to ring to get in touch with them.

All excellent in my opinion.

The last one is the two rooms I have booked at the Premier Inn Leeds/Bradford Airport. We are now flying from Liverpool so not much use to me. They are booked on saver rate (no amendments no refunds) but I have contacted them asking if they would consider our sorry case due to the circumstances. We'll see.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Re: Great Credit to Holidayextras, Hoppa and Halifax
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 06:39:40 AM »
Not the same scenario but a friend missed her connection on Monday because Air Asia were so late leaving Langkawi. So she was stuck in Kuala Lumpur.
Their staff didn't give a damn but her connecting company Turkish Airlines were so lovely it made her cry.
Rather than new tickets they just charged her to change them and she flew last night.
She asked me to let Hoppa know she wouldn't be arriving yesterday morning.
I contacted them and they're changing it over to today, no rebooking.
Good to see some companies still value customer satisfaction.

John tweeted Air Asia and explained she has had to pay for change of ticket and hotel for 24 hours, they replied and simply said it was unavoidable and nothing they can offer.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 09:59:37 AM »
I also have been affected by this, thanks to purple parking for refunding my parking charge too. Am still awaiting to see what Santander are going to do 

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 10:20:13 AM »
Like many of us, we lost the Monarch flights for 10 days time also, maybe I was lucky in the fact that as I start work early I was able to book with easyjet before the cost went mad i.e. 6am, anyway the cost were still a lot more than Monarch as I had booked early in the year for a good price, but at least we are still going.

Fortunately  paid via Barclaycard so should not be too much of a problem and the ball has been set in motion.

My Mum and Brother had planned to be going just after us in the school holiday but have not re-booked due to the costs, also the flights had been booked via debit card, but hopefully they will still get there money back (just may take a bit more time)

If anyone else needs some info on how to get there money back and what options they have try looking here:-

www.moneysavingexpert.com/latesttip/#monarch

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 15:11:25 PM »
Just an update. Hoppa didnt turn up.
24 hour delay. 12 hour flight.
No transfer.
Not good enough.
Their reason..
The email wasnt acted on.
Measly refund offered.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 23:35:34 PM »

The last one is the two rooms I have booked at the Premier Inn Leeds/Bradford Airport. We are now flying from Liverpool so not much use to me. They are booked on saver rate (no amendments no refunds) but I have contacted them asking if they would consider our sorry case due to the circumstances. We'll see.

Premier Inn have politely declined to refund us for the two rooms we have booked at Leeds/Bradford airport, despite my heartfelt plea following the loss of Monarch and our family holiday flights.

I must say I am disappointed - legally they are right (the booking is no refunds no amendments) but as stated above, Holidayextras would have been legally correct if they refused to refund airport parking bookings - BUT they did the opposite, they decided to refund, refusing to profit from the terrible luck and misfortune of people who were seeing their holiday plans falling apart.

Now, my plan is to ensure the rooms are used - I can't bear the idea of PI getting my money for two rooms that will be unoccupied. I will offer them to my colleagues (our head office is in Harrogate, just down the road from Leeds Bradford Airport) - hopefully someone can use them, maybe for friends/family to visit them or whatever.

I will insist they make a mess of the room so PI don't get my money for nothing  ;)

Offline dizzy39

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 07:31:41 AM »
Yes this error was down to me personally and actually not Hoppa. I amended a booking last minute by mail and somehow it got overlooked which I have apologised sincerely for to the lady. Who I have to say has been very kind and understanding about this error which of course should not have happened.  We are in the process of resolving it with her via the UK Hoppa office whom I immediately informed of our error here in Turkey. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf