Author Topic: 2018 Flights  (Read 2060 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
2018 Flights
« on: October 23, 2017, 15:08:26 PM »
Just managed to book our flights out next May. We normally fly from Leeds with Monarch but of course we've had to change the latter for next year.

Anyway I've done something I really didn't want to do and booked one way with Thomas Cook!

However we've opted for Economy Plus which includes their entertainment package, premium James Martin meals, drinks, front row seats, 25k hold and 10k hand baggage, priority boarding, fast track security and priority luggage return (fat chance).

£210 each for one way  :o

I've done it this way as our son is flying with us and then onto Bangkok after a few weeks. We will then either book a flight back with Jet 2 (£143 each at the moment including seats and 22k) or wait until we are out there and hope for a cheapy.

It's done! We at least have a flight out and might worry about getting home sometime around July  :)

Offline Bluwise

Re: 2018 Flights
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 07:36:45 AM »
I had a look at TC last night just to compare prices from Doncaster in June.  It would have to be a last resort using them.  £900 region for two of us, return with luggage.  No, it's not a typo!!
I had got so cosy with Monarch from Leeds every year.   Good flight times, reasonable cost, extra legroom, pleasant crew.  Great parking at Leeds too. 

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: 2018 Flights
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 08:57:38 AM »
Strange because TC have come out cheaper than most. Looked at the return using economy at it was £700. Thomson £900. Jet2 £730 and EJ over £700. All with luggage.

If we do it this way at £210 out and £143 back it seems the cheapest option up to now at £706 plus we get all the extras going out.

Might hang on for the return though. Clear my cookies and keep checking. Might even wait until we get there and hope for a cheapy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf