Author Topic: What's going on with 2018 prices?  (Read 12398 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: What's going on with 2018 prices?
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 10:27:00 AM »
As I said in another thread we are flying out with Thomas Cook for the first time in years. A decent deal with everything that's thrown in but still £210 one way!!!

Still looking for flights home and Jet2 are the cheapest at the moment at about £143 each including bags.

So we are looking at £700 for two of us From Leeds unless we take a chance and hope Thomson have some late deals whilst we are out there.

Offline pstevens

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 16:26:12 PM »
Hi all the price of flights is just crazy we are teachers and are fixed to the first 3weeks of the school holidays so the cheapest flight 23 july for 3weeks from birmingham is £991 with bags and seats for 2 adults with tomas cook  jet2 and easyjet from manchester are both £1100 ,will the prices rise or fall is the question ,you would think that closer to departure the prices would drop but i have checked over the last few years and they increases by stupid amounts ,the absence of monarch has pushed up the cost ,and as mentioned in a post there is no price comaparison for distance ,you could fly to usa ,india ,egypt ,  or canaries for less the turkey

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 22:59:23 PM »
Hi all the price of flights is just crazy we are teachers and are fixed to the first 3weeks of the school holidays so the cheapest flight 23 july for 3weeks from birmingham is £991 with bags and seats for 2 adults with tomas cook  jet2 and easyjet from manchester are both £1100 ,will the prices rise or fall is the question ,you would think that closer to departure the prices would drop but i have checked over the last few years and they increases by stupid amounts ,the absence of monarch has pushed up the cost ,and as mentioned in a post there is no price comaparison for distance ,you could fly to usa ,india ,egypt ,  or canaries for less the turkey

To get flights cheap, especially if you know the dates you want to go, you have to get up very early on the date that your flights are released, especially if you fly with Easyjet. We booked our April trip for £78 each and our June trip for £98 each. All from Manchester. It's a hell of a saving and well worth setting the alarm for. I am now waiting for Septembers flights to be released, which will be in the next week or so.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 11:24:22 AM »

To get flights cheap, especially if you know the dates you want to go, you have to get up very early on the date that your flights are released, especially if you fly with Easyjet. We booked our April trip for £78 each and our June trip for £98 each. All from Manchester. It's a hell of a saving and well worth setting the alarm for. I am now waiting for Septembers flights to be released, which will be in the next week or so.

Great prices! Hold luggage included?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 11:47:46 AM »
As I mentioned in another thread, its worth having a look at THY - under £210rtn from Edinburgh to Dalaman in June 2018 via Istanbul and the transit times aren't bad. I haven't checked Manchester or Heathrow (Gatwick?) but generally they are a few quid cheaper than Edinburgh.  Going by some of the prices quoted here, you could be saving hundreds of pounds and get the bonus that you could stopover in the 'Bul for a few days, either on your way out or on your way back.

JF

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 17:13:13 PM »

No Stoop. Just Hand luggage, but even with luggage it's still cheap   :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 20:44:09 PM »

No Stoop. Just Hand luggage, but even with luggage it's still cheap    :)

No weight allowance on hand luggage either.  So long as it's the required size and you are able to put in overhead lockers then Bob's your Uncle

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 10:54:52 AM »
For four weeks we would not be OK on cabin luggage. 23k is £76 pp which is about right these days but puts the price up tremendously.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 11:32:01 AM »
What I have found is that if you want the bargains you have to
Book early (as soon as the flights are advertised)
Be flexible in the airports, days and times that you fly
Try not to build up extra costs like if you normally take 2 cases take 1 and utilize the hand luggage
don't pre book seats
don't pay for food have it before you fly
don't pay for priority boarding you will already have a seat allocated ( I cant see the point in getting to your seat before every one else you end up having to get up and down if you are in an isle seat and guaranteed you will get a bag smacked in your face)
 ;D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 10:00:41 AM »
99% chance if you don’t book seats you don’t sit together for four hours. Might suit some but we tend to like each other’s company.

Still wouldn’t manage four weeks on one case. I’d be in my speedos the whole time  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf