Author Topic: Money Transfers back to the UK  (Read 2617 times)

Offline LoopyLyn

Money Transfers back to the UK
« on: September 03, 2005, 16:30:02 PM »
Got a query. I have some money in my friends turkish bank account.  How can we transfer this money to my uk account without loss of money in conversion as western union says they will only transfer this money to my UK account in dollars or euros?? Any helpful thoughts would be welcome.:D

Offline leeds utd

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 07:09:41 AM »
we found western union to be the most expensive option when transfering money FROM the uk. I would imagine the banks will do money transfers back ........or a big suitcase.
Unfortunately as we benefit from the exchange rate it can also work against us i cant see any way round it as you will only get what the rate is that day. Not sure who you bank with but the finans bank are very informative . Good luck

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 10:30:03 AM »

I work as a Western Union agent in the UK and they will also only transfer money INTO Turkey in dollars or Euros also, I also think that they are your most expensive option as their transfer charges are very high.I go along with LeedsUtd a bank transfer is your best option but there's no getting away from the fact that your money will have to be converted back to sterling and you will lose out at some point, as all banks use a different rate Turkish/ sterling than sterling/Turkish.

Offline LoopyLyn

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 20:21:21 PM »
Thanks Valentine! your a star!

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 19:31:49 PM »
Hi   we are with Finansbank and to do a swift transfer of 5k back to our UK bank cost 45gbp transfer charges. Do it soon before exchange rates get to high, was 2.2 when we transferred now about 2.45 could be 2.8 by november when you could loose a lot of money depending on the rate you got when changing to lira.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 19:32:33 PM by smudge »

Offline LoopyLyn

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 21:18:32 PM »
Hi just an update, I did it by bank transfer and it only cost me 12.00.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf