Author Topic: flying with grandson  (Read 3181 times)

Offline shortlands

flying with grandson
« on: January 06, 2018, 10:35:36 AM »
As our daughter is unable to take time off in the summer we are thinking of taking our grandson over to Calis for two weeks in August.Doe any one have any advice regarding any paper work we may need regarding taking an eight year old with a different surname,for example proof of who we are for the airline or immigration.Thanks

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !

Offline steveb1

Re: flying with grandson
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 15:45:40 PM »
We have done this with the grandchildren for years .
The only thing we have ever been asked for was returning to Gatwick one year when they said we should have had a letter from my daughter giving permission. Would have been better had they asked for it when we were flying out of the country?

Offline pstevens

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 21:31:59 PM »
Does anyone know when the new terminal improvements are due to be finished at dalaman we have seen the signes for the building work for some time but no finished date

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 13:49:56 PM »
A simple letter from your daughter confirming that you have permission to take your grandchild out of the country should suffice.  We've taken friends of our girls to Turkey several times and when they were all younger (under 16) we always got a letter from the friends parents, just in case.  Never had a query either from airline or immigration but felt better knowing we had it if asked.

JF

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 18:26:47 PM »
i take the grandkids every year and just take a letter

once i got asked what relation they were to me and i replied nan , can't you see the likeness, the custom officer had a good sense of humour

forgot to say i am a paler shade of white

Offline yabanci

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 05:56:27 AM »
Does anyone know when the new terminal improvements are due to be finished at dalaman we have seen the signes for the building work for some time but no finished date

According to today's Fethiye Times the new International terminal is due to open on April 28th.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf