Author Topic: Thomas Cook announces new destinations from Liverpool Airport including Dalaman  (Read 5004 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Holidaymakers will have a greater choice of destinations from Liverpool John Lennon Airport from next summer, it was announced this afternoon.

Travel agent giant Thomas Cook said it would be flying from the city for the first time in more than a decade.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/new-routes-liverpool-john-lennon-14390835

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
I'd fecking walk to Dalaman from Liverpool before I'd use that disgusting company.

JF

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Never ever had a problem with Thomas Cook, personally.

Offline davybill

Yes use  them all the time, cheap flights and only flights to Birmingham early in winter,
£16 one way at Easter.

Offline BernieTeyze

What date davybill..did you book ages ago?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The behavior of this company subsequent to the deaths of Bobby and Christi Shepherd was disgraceful and I will not allow them to make a single penny from me.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/may/13/thomas-cook-shame-over-deaths-children-in-corfu

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/may/17/corfu-deaths-thomas-cooks-35m-compensation-dwarfed-that-of-parents

JF

Offline Ally B

Thomas Crook            In the bad winter of 2010 we were flying home from Tenerife on a Thomas Crook flight which left ontime. The pilot came on the tannoy to announce " we are on approach to Glasgow we will land in half an hour,would everyone take their seats"  Within five minutes he was back on again to say because of an administration decision we would be landing at Newcastle and would be taken by bus to Glasgow. There was concern among the passengers as to there being something wrong with the plane but we were assured not.On arriving at Newcastle the airport was more or less closed for the night so we waited nearly an hour for our luggage.While we were waiting the pilot and flight crew passed through the baggage claim area and were surrounded by irate passengers. The pilot told us he only knew about the change after he had announced we were on approach to Glasgow. As tempers were starting to get frayed someone announced after collecting our luggage we would be met by a rep and things would be explained. There was no rep all we got was several burly geordie policemen whose only command of the english language seemed to be " JUST GET ON THE BUS" The journey to Glasgow was horrendous with snow piled high on each side of the road. I had just had a knee replacement a few months before and by the time we got to Glasgow I knew it would be stupid to drive the hundred miles home so we paid £80 for a night in the hotel. As it was the week before Christmas the hotel was jumping and not very pleasant. While having a bite to eat we got talking to some people and they were moaning about having to loose part of their and being put up in the hotel overnight because their plane was forced to land at Newcastle due to a fault. This was a huge lie because the plane we landed on took off right away with a load of passengers whose flight was delayed because of a fault on their aircraft. Not only did they lie to us they lied to the passengers in Glasgow. Thomas Crook knew what was happening before we left Tenerife because there were four busses waiting for us. That cant be done in half an hour. Instead of peeing off one plane load from Newcastle they also did the same for another load from Glasgow.I tried several times to claim from them but to no avail their attitude was "we got you back to the airport you flew from"  It appears they can tell as many lies as they and get away with it . 

Offline davybill

What date davybill..did you book ages ago?
4weeks ago they were going at that price for the 30\31st of march.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Yes use  them all the time, cheap flights and only flights to Birmingham early in winter,
£16 one way at Easter.

Can someone explain to me how the airline can offer flights at that price please.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Loss leaders, H. Loss leaders.   ;)

£270 to get back.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf