Author Topic: Thomas Cook Delays  (Read 9703 times)

Offline blueclad

Thomas Cook Delays
« on: May 24, 2018, 10:17:36 AM »
I have been looking at  Gatwick  Thomas Cook departure times for the last 4 weeks of the 07 10 am departure times each Thursday leaving around 45 mins taxi / take off times late , flight times around 3 hrs 40 mins to 3 hrs  50  mins the last 3 weeks == But today 4 hrs 20 mins flight time , even a Easy Jet Manchester flight  over took it after leaving 10 mins earlier   gaining 25 mins flying time.. >:( >:(
on flight tracker
Looks like with 5 flights out of Gatwick in 40 mins Thomas Cook have cut back staff levels for the departure gates hence delays

Our first time with Thomas Cook in around 10 yrs based on flight time and a early bird discount price, I think if its late next week it will be our last T C Flight,   how we miss monarch  and Cypriot Turkish airline ,  [ K.T.Y ] who flew years ago who were mostly on time on our flights..

Upside is that we are sure Fethiye Airport Transfers will be waiting for us at Dalaman and whisk us off to our hotel with their normal great care   and bottles of cold water  :-* :P

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
Re: Thomas Cook Delays
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 00:43:00 AM »
I'm not a TC fan either, our first flight with them in around 8yrs due to them being the only airline flying direct in the winter season, and it was not a pleasurable experience.
We too were late departing mainly due to the amount of hand luggage which they hadn't got room for on board. Being Bhx based we are missing monarch desperately, booked with jet 2 for Aug so hoping for a better experience.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 01:03:32 AM »
Karma...

JF

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 09:12:08 AM »
Thursday's TC flight scheduled around 18:00hrs from Gatwick was cancelled as it was claimed it had "Gone Tech". The passengers were accommodated in a hotel and the flight is now due to depart around 18:00hrs today. Is it true that they do not have to pay delay compensation if the flight is cancelled? Why oh why could these slimeballs not have gone bust instead of Monarch?

Offline blueclad

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 15:22:14 PM »
kenkay.
it looks like the flight you refer to is not going until tonight at 23. 40 hours DELAY of 29 hours just seen this on trust pilot review  web page at 3 pm .
Total shambles looks like lots of comp claims will be made, why could they not get another plane to help those poor Bug---ers stuck at Gatwick and dalaman

Offline marina

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 16:11:15 PM »
After many years of refusing to have anything to do with Thomas Cook, due to their appalling treatment of the the family of Christi and Bobby Shepherd after their tragic deaths, we ended up flying with them to Dalaman last October.  We'd booked flights with Monarch for early in the month, then just days before we were due to fly they went bust. Frantically trying to find new flights it was appalling watching all the prices going up in just a few minutes.  Easyjet were probably the worst, their prices were extortionate even compared to the others! I eventually got some with Thomas Cook and, fair to say they were good flights.  On time and fairly new comfortable planes.
Mainly due to some favourable prices and good flight times we booked with them again this year (just got back on Wednesday after two weeks).  The flight out was ok, bit late on leaving but not much.
However, on checking in for our return flight, with the most unhelpful, miserable, sour faced woman imaginable, we were told there was a delay of up to 3 hours and we were entitled to a meal at one of the fast food outlets (no choice, it was Steak Burger or nothing). It was then I got a message from our very helpful taxi driver who was picking us up in Manchester to say that the delay was now 5 hours 15 mins before it left Manchester.  :'(
At that point we decided to pay to use the lounge and for us was worth it, we were in there about 5 hours and the delay altogether was 5 hours 40 mins. Not much though compared to 29!!   >:(

Offline kenkay

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 17:09:05 PM »
Blueclad
One of my fellow owners here at Violet is waiting for his wife and sister in law to arrive on that flight. He's cancelled an Olu Deniz outing today and a boat trip tomorrow. Because of work commitments the only had a week. There is NO compensation for that. Aircraft are available as proved with the Monarch collapse. We were flown home by Freebird which was probably financed by ATOL/ABTA. Will TC finance it, no bloody chance.

Offline kenkay

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 18:25:01 PM »
The couple from the intended 18:00hrs flight from Gatwick on Thursday arrived at Violet at 07:45hrs this morning.
Another couple of friends left Violet at 18:00hrs on Friday for the 21:00hrs TC flight to Manchester. It departed at 02:00hrs Saturday and then landed them at Stanstead because the crew were out of hours. They then had a taxi to Manchester and got home at 10:30hrs. Just how bad can Thomas Cook get?

Offline blueclad

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 21:32:40 PM »
Total shambles  , I pray were not held up like that on our first time in many years with Thomas Cook.

Thanks for your post  Kenkay re your violet complex travelers

Offline marina

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 22:12:52 PM »
I hope you are not held up too blueclad.  Our five and a half hours pales into insignificance compared to the flights that kenkay has described. But I think that may well have been our last with Thomas Cook!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf