Author Topic: Thomas Cook Delays  (Read 9702 times)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Thomas Cook Delays
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2018, 12:35:58 PM »
Just read on FB that other friends flying out today have been delayed by 6 hours.  Galling that they still need to check in for the original flight time too.  Awful situation for all concerned.
Hope you have better luck Blueclad

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2018, 13:07:38 PM »
Thomas Cook ain't alone in this. There's a Thomson's flight from Manchester, was due at 03:20 this am now scheduled for arrival 01:25 tomorrow am.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 08:27:51 AM »
I see on a Thomas cook flight tracker that any travellers  on a one week trip on last Thursday Gatwick flight who had a 29 hour delay into dalaman have another longggg delay going back should have landed at 0345 am today expected at 11 59 pm tonight,. 8 hrs
At 280 euros per person claim on each delayed flight  560 euros Thomas cook must be losing  thousands of £££££ how can they survive ??  increase prices again I expect.

Fingers crossed we will not be held up

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 06:56:07 AM »
Family & friends who should of arrived last night from Gatwick had there Thomas Cook flight cancelled,  now due to fly from Stanstead at 9 this morning

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 07:51:31 AM »
Flew with them last Weds from Leeds. Bang on time and arrived here early. We paid for Economy Plus and got a nice meal, free drinks plus decent seats.

I said I’d never use them again but they were ok. Plane a little old though compared to Easy Jet.

Offline phil5257

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 10:01:08 AM »
Not Thomas Cook but Thomson this time. Flight on Thursday from Newcastle due to depart 17.40 , told it would leave 19.10. Boarded flight they pushed off stand and told by pilot that they couldn't take off for another hour eventually leaving at 20.24. Pilot told them delay was because that was earliest time they could fly again! Landed Dalaman according to flight tracker 2 hours 59 minutes late , very convenient as I think they probably wont have to pay compensation.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2018, 12:12:27 PM »
Looking at flight aware Thomas cook Gatwick to dalaman flights the history for the past 4 weeks show that Almost All flights on this route have long delays 2 hrs to 29 hours   or cancelled flights seems that Thomas cook have major problems on this route keeping to flight times, it also shows NOT due to Tec problems but flight take off spots.i cant see them lasting on this route,
pity jet 2 don't fly from Gatwick or more easy jet flights, or dare I say it Ryan air or Norwegian.

routes from other airports look pretty good.

Pompeylee   I hope your family/ friends  hits them hard with compensation claims best template is on martin lewis web site

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2018, 12:19:49 PM »
or more easy jet flights, or dare I say it Ryan air or Norwegian.

These budget carriers are easy to criticise, for a variety of reasons, but in my experience they suffer less delays than the charters.  Their business model simply doesn't allow for the nonsense that TC, Thomsons etc pass off to their customers as "service".

Only major delay we've had in the past few years (and we've racked up a hell of a mileage with Ryanair & EasyJet) was when my OH got diverted to Milan as EasyJet hadn't registered the aircraft with the Turkish authorities and they had to wait on a new aircraft to take them to Dalaman.  But that was a one off. 

I haven't been on a charter for years and that's unlikely to change.

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2018, 12:49:40 PM »
Yes fully agree with that - travel extensively on Easyjet & Jet2 (never Ryanair though strangely) and can't remember the last delayed flight - at least the last one that failed to make the time back in transit.

Several significant delays on Thomson and Thomas Cook - luckily I haven't had to use Thomas Cook for a lot of years. Sadly this year that will change as they are the only UK airline that flies into the airport we are heading for.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2018, 18:27:27 PM »
Just a wee update re the owner on our site with the 29 hour delay.
She travelled to the airport last night only to be told that the flight was cancelled and all passengers were to be bused to Marmaris and put up in a hotel for the day.  Needless to say she told them to stick it and returned to Calis.   She has to be at Dalaman for 10pm tonight  for  her new flight.   Hopefully she will get away on time.
You honestly couldn't make it up.
I fear TC will shortly take the same route as monarch

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf