Author Topic: British man dies at Dalaman Airport after being removed from flight.  (Read 2419 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
A British traveller has died after falling from a plane door onto the runway of a Turkish airport.

Staff at Dalaman Airport, in southwest Turkey, were trying to remove the 30-year-old from the flight when he fell from an exit.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-british-man-30-dies-12618540#ICID=ios_TMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Offline BernieTeyze

Terrible, such a waste of a young life. Horrendous for the staff too.

Offline marina

Indeed Bernie, and also for anyone else who witnessed it.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
This is truly awful, im not trying to be negative here but he lost his ticket the article said for his orignal flight, you dont have a ticket these days, your normally on a passenger list for a flight. i read somewhere else that he took his own life after being at Dalaman for 3 days then being removed from a flight...sad for the chap and his family

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
i read somewhere else that he took his own life after being at Dalaman for 3 days then being removed from a flight...sad

Can I ask where you read that Karennina ???

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
I cant rem Highlander prob on one of the many fb groups where the story was circulating...Im not saying i believe he did do this, but I feel there is something not quite right about what happened...whatever did happen the outcome is sadly still the same a young man has sadly  lost his life

Offline Taddy

• Newly Registered
A tragic story. What I find puzzling is that you normally walk down a covered airbridge  at Dalaman  to the plane.

Offline Ray1951

I think the inference is that this was down to Turkish staff but surely it would have been staff from the flight eg. Tui or Thomas Cook.  Info is sketchy but sad nonetheless.  Surely if the poor soul was in a bad way either health wise or under the influence of drink/drugs, he shouldn’t have gotten as far as the aircraft.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Most UK media outlets are suggesting that he jumped over a barrier while inside the terminal building.

Jet2 have released a statement in which they say the person was not injured either inside their aircraft or in the vicinity of their aircraft.

Three UK tourist deaths in the space of a week, ministry for tourism will be doing all they can to shift blame/keep it hushed/etc etc.  Nonetheless, sad loss of life irrespective of circumstances.

JF

Offline Ray1951

Latest report in the Daily Mail states that the man was removed from the aircraft but jumped from a ledge in the airport. Other tourists say he was shouting that he wanted to end it all.   No doubt we will hear more about this later.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf