Author Topic: Turkish Airline stopover delay  (Read 2663 times)

Offline imperialwizard

Turkish Airline stopover delay
« on: June 08, 2018, 09:14:20 AM »
Just been informed that my stopover at Ataturk en route to Dalaman will now be 8 hours!Originally was 2 hours.
My question is does anyone have any experience of exec lounges in Ataturk...prices,facilities ,do you have to prebook etc??
Many thanks.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Turkish Airline stopover delay
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 09:56:20 AM »
Why don't you speak to THY and see if you can bum lounge passes from them because they've increased your transit time.  The THY lounge is the best of the bunch.

The pay lounges are Primeclass, €45pp if you book direct - but its worth shopping about, Expedia etc as you can often get a cheaper dollar price.  Facilities same as you'd expect in any major airport, free food, booze and comfy seats.

JF

Offline cenk

Offline imperialwizard

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 11:04:51 AM »
Thanks...TA have been very helpful with options,but free passes was not one for an 8 hour stopover!
Im guessing I need to focus on domestic terminal lounges on my outward journey from UK whilst in Istanbul??

Offline philrose

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 13:29:13 PM »
We had a six hour stop over at Ataturk earlier this year and there is an executive lounge in the domestic side. It's not easy to find but after you go through security there are some stairs to your left that go up to a couple of restaurants and a smoking area but if you keep left and go  along the balcony that overlooks the security area there is one on the right. Plenty of snacks that are kept topped up with different selections a wet bar and a draft efes pump. Think the cost was about 30 euro per person but well worth it...

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 19:18:08 PM »
The Botanik Restaurant / Cafe in the Domestic Terminal is very good. It caters mostly for the airport staff but they are quite happy to serve travellers. Some excellent Turkish food at very reasonable prices.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 20:38:41 PM »
Just been advised that our layover outbound and inbound from & to Istanbul Atatürk at the end of September has been changed, adding a further hour and forty minutes to our layover each way. On the outbound leg our flight from Dalaman isleaving an hour and forty minutes earlier.  When I contacted TurkishAirlines asking for a lounge pass, they said that the booking conditions allow them to change the times of economy flights and if I wasn’t happy, I should contact their head office, which I have done.  I have always found TA to be very accommodating but not in this occasion. When you book the shortest layover this is a bit of a nuisance especially if you are disabled.  I just hope the flights to Edinburgh arenot further delayed.  It looks as if it’s the domestic side of things that are affected.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf