Author Topic: Dalaman new terminal  (Read 10259 times)

Offline lissa

Re: Dalaman new terminal
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 15:10:10 PM »
New terminal is open. From what I understand, departure from here is fine, thought the aircon not when first opened. But the arrivals are something else, tiny meeting area, with lots of desks crammed in. Low ceiling and no air flow so very very hot, just one doorway to exit. The ramp down from the terminal is a way from the meeting point, otherwise lots of steps to negotiate. Looks a nightmare.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 15:26:32 PM »
From what I could see on the video, there is a ramp just to the right of the steps as you look toward the terminal ?

Offline lissa

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2018, 18:56:22 PM »
I haven't come through here yet so can't say for sure, Have friends who work at the airport and going on what they have said, the arrivals area is not good. Just hope it is imprived, though I don't know this can happen. Seems to be a step backwards in some ways. Possibily ok if not many flights landing together, but with a terminal built to take many more passengers, that seems unlikely. Hopefully people arriving in the next few days or weeks can add their own comments. My sister is arriving at the end of the month so I will know myself then!

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 09:01:58 AM »
Flew out of the new terminal last night.Went through security ok.  :)
Aircon poor,not enough seating available. :(
Normal bargain prices to be had in the bars and food outlets( 2 x 30cl beers = 88 lira or £15) :'(

Offline DavidNicholson

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 10:06:22 AM »
We flew home from the new terminal on Monday. 
The photos show the fantastic Turkish workmanship -  LOOK AT THE CLOCK!!!!!!
Apparently the guy who hung the clock up has been promoted to head of aircraft maintenance!

Offline Christie

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 15:13:59 PM »
It looks identical to the replaced airport, same horribly uncomfortable seating and stark decor.  Hopefully the check in/security and passport control will be a better experience than it was in June.

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 20:54:11 PM »
'It looks identical to the replaced airport, same horribly uncomfortable seating and stark decor.'
Unfortunately you are correct :(

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2018, 19:44:32 PM »
No updates or complaints since mid July. Is it working well after all?
My own experience is that it is.
Arrived on 10 September got through immigration and baggage reclaim very quickly.
Returned on 24 September when there were masses of people disembarking from buses and cars and the outside looked very busy.
Entry and the first security was very quick, booking in quick,passport check quick and the second security check again quick and organised.
What I did notice was that the majority of security staff were female and were much calmer and organised than their male equivalents on our last visit.
Even the pre boarding security check was better organised and calmer than previously.
And we used Thomas Cook with no problems whatsoever.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2018, 13:21:01 PM »
The flights of steps leading down to the meet and greet area are sure to provide tired travellers with luggage an early trip to the local A&E having not seen the sinuous ramp.
I think the new airport is a huge disappointment with the main emphasis on the Duty Free obstacle course - shame really.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2018, 13:57:31 PM »
From the outside it looks like a poorly built Hermes warehouse. Just like the old one. There are already lumps of plaster falling off the walls in the entrance to the toilets in the 'Food Hall'.

Security was good. Even though I was chosen for a full strip-out of my bags on the way home, it was very quick and efficient. They were well impressed with all the toys for the grandson and the 30 balls of knitting wool for Mrs KKOB.  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf