Author Topic: Re new terminal  (Read 9375 times)

Offline trixe12

• Newly Registered
Re new terminal
« on: July 21, 2018, 16:19:51 PM »
Is the new terminal fully open now or will they still be using the other airport as well as this new one  and is there a smoking area inside

Thanks Trixe 

Offline Bluwise

Re: Re new terminal
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 17:23:05 PM »
As far as I know, all flights are out of the new terminal now and yes, there are a couple of smoking areas-  one near Macdonalds.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 12:16:11 PM »
Soooo drumroll lol! We flew back from new terminal last night here are some factors spoken as seen and what we thought no rose coloured specs on re all things Turkey...
Good point there is a monitor outside re all flights so if your a smoker and can see your flight is delayed why hurry in.
Good it was surprisingly really cool outside compared to when wed left Calis maybe because we were higher up?
It was all going great at check in until all the conveyor belts for luggage stopped working fortunately this was remiedied in 30/40 mins...
The air con was on which was great.
You now have first security check, then passport control then 2 nd security check and then you have no choice but to go through the duty free shop which kind of then leads to all the food outlets, all very “cleverly” thought out to make you spend spend spend!
Loads of unfinished bits and pieces here and there and i seriously couldnt believe its only been open a few weeks as eg big stains on floor in ladies toilet!
Now the food outlet prices we only had a quick look ( id read on other place that the prices were now cheaper) we didnt notice that things were particularly much cheaper, a Subway which I think was maybe just the roll 28tl could have poss been with a drink, Mcds & Burger King just looked like stupid prices still, there was one outlet at the end forget name where you could get a tost and a chai for 17tl thats not too bad...Re the smoking areas Derek went to have a look for the smoking areas to have a cheeky vape ( wed heard there are 3) well we saw 2 and both were attached to a “bar/cafe small outlet” where there was a sign at said establishment saying to use the smoking room you had to be a customer at said outlet! Security checks at gate quite impressive re swabbing etc, no toilets at our particular gate dont know about all gates, if you want to go to the toilet you can take your boarding pass and then you have to go back through the security check and just have the quick body check again, this is not clear though as all it is is the stretchy bands like you get in a post office keeping you in! A couple of children went under the bands and got a bit of a telling off when they came back but its not very clear you have to do this! Our gate we could not believe how few seats there were lots of folk sat on floor as just not enough for everyone and sadly they are still the horrid wooden uncomfy benches, overall it was a postive experience one thing I liked was everything is now on one level no escalators to negotiate with a wheely case! Hope arrivals will also be a positive experience!     

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 12:27:53 PM »

Good it was surprisingly really cool outside compared to when wed left Calis maybe because we were higher up?

Dalaman and Calis are both at roughly the same level. Calis 1 metre, and Dalaman at 6 metres above sea level.  :)

Offline lissa

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 21:03:56 PM »
I think we have been spared the high temperatures we have endured for weeks on end in previous years. Summer started early here and we had heat in April but I feel it has levelled out and we are not experiencing those dreadful highs. Long may it continue!

Offline JulieDiane

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 22:44:39 PM »
well after a fabulous holiday, i'll post something about it in a day or so but as for Dalaman airport we flew into the new terminal on 6th July, what a nightmare, 2 hours from getting off the plane to getting into our private transfer, on arrival the screens were not working, ques were horrific, an hour to get through passport control, ok, we thought at least our cases will e waiting, as dalaman has always been quite good this way, over 50 minutes wait once through the passport control, some folk were certainly getting ancy!! Hubby has to wear flight socks due to DVT/PE's he always changes at the airport into cooler trousers, socks off! He never changed as the men's toilets were so disgustingly dirty!! I never used the ladies so cannot comment on those.... after the 2 hour experience at getting through Dalaman on arrival we were, just a bit, dreading the return journey, not as ad, but not by much!! Toilets for hubby were worse... come on Dalaman, a new building??!! Prices although pricey, I have to say, not quite so bad, shops sadly less choice....  Flight delayed due to security.... Our holiday was amazing, Dalaman airport was just tiring & very frustrating !

Offline davybill

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 09:56:29 AM »
funny our friends visiting, had no trouble with the new Airport.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 10:02:48 AM »
Visiting friends arrived at the new terminal on Wednesday. Their flight landed at 12:30 pm & they were here, in Calis, by 2pm, so I guess things are improving

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 13:45:23 PM »
I've sent instructions to be perfect for September when we arrive!

Offline marina

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 13:56:04 PM »
Hope they're listening bluewise, should be ok for us then in October!  ;D 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf