Author Topic: Re new terminal  (Read 9373 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Re new terminal
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 17:43:46 PM »
Have you tried electronic TC boarding passes on phone etc at Dalaman Ian? Not sure if they are accepted.

Offline michelle.derek

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 18:32:21 PM »
According to easyjet site you have to go to bag drop even if you have hand baggage only
To get your boarding card stamped to get thorough security

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 20:46:16 PM »
came back with easyjet in July and as we only had hand baggage we printed off boarding passes in advance and therefor didnt have to use check in at airport.  :)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 22:07:39 PM »
Ian, if you were only taking cabin bags onboard, what were you doing at check in?

Checking in! - we didnt have boarding passes as unlike Easyjet, with TC you cant print 2 weeks ahead of your return with your outbound passes.

I guess I could have downloaded and printed them whilst in Turkey but didnt get around to it.

Ian

Thanks for the clarification Ian. I was just taking it for granted you had printed your boarding passes off.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2018, 22:10:58 PM »
According to easyjet site you have to go to bag drop even if you have hand baggage only
To get your boarding card stamped to get thorough security

Since when? We have never done that having only cabin bags. Just show our boarding passes at security.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2018, 22:19:21 PM »
It doesn't say that now but it certainly was the case a few years ago.

Offline IanK

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2018, 08:40:25 AM »
In the past, we have gone straight through security with EasyJet boarding passes at Dalaman. Sometimes they would seem surprised to see us at the gate and there would be some frantic checking of lists etc. Then there was a period when you had to  get a stamp or a normal card pass reather than home printed as mentioned above

Dalaman seems to work differently to most european airports where home printed passes are the norm, I just didnt get around to checking how TC work - but will be using them again later this year so if someone can tell me their options ?

Ian

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2018, 11:05:05 AM »
We've always print both sets of boarding passes before leaving and go straight through.  Never had a problem yet.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2018, 11:25:38 AM »
With TC you only get access to your boarding card a day or two before your flight home which can make printing them difficult.

In most airports you can use the one on your phone but I am not sure if Dalaman accept that.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2018, 12:08:24 PM »
Jet2 gave me this info when we were flying back with them this July:

'Mobile boarding passes are now available in the Jet2.com mobile apps on iOS and Android for the majority of our destinations. To find out more about how to check in and get your boarding passes through the app, please watch our handy video guide

Unfortunately, there are some airports that don’t accept mobile boarding passes at the moment. You will still be able to check in online and get a boarding pass on your smartphone. However, if you are travelling to one of the following destinations, please still go to the check–in desk at the airport. There will be no charge if you have already checked in online or have pre-selected airport check in:
Antalya (AYT)
Bodrum (BJV)
Dalaman (DLM)
New York (EWR)'

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf