Author Topic: UK/dlm/U/K baggage  (Read 2203 times)

Offline daveG

UK/dlm/U/K baggage
« on: September 04, 2018, 16:59:11 PM »
Don't won't to be alarmist but Gov.UK appear to be still advising, When travelling from Turkey with laptops-Tablets etc they
are to be placed in hold luggage. That is unless you are returning via Antalya-Istanbul-Izmir- or Bodrum. No mention of
Dalaman??
Although I have made the journey back and forth (using tablet-kindle) over the last year or so, I seem to recall some info allowing this.
I was intending on my next trip to carry my laptop in my cabin bag and if requested would power it up for any checks reqd.
Has anyone had any difficulty in doing this?
Have there been any updates for Dalaman that anyone is aware of? :angel:

Offline IanK

Re: UK/dlm/U/K baggage
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 17:31:24 PM »
Good question,

I thought the rule was still in force, but some family members returned on a TC flight 2 weeks ago and were told iPads were OK.

Ian

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 20:08:46 PM »
we returned last week from dlm with jet 2 , with all sorts of paraphernalia of gadgets in our hand luggage, all swipe checked at dept gate no problems.  Last year if you got to the point where they were to take it off you they place it in a plastic stacker type box, gave you a receipt and put it in the hold.

Offline King Frat

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 21:25:57 PM »
The restrictions were lifted August 2017.

Just taken from Jet2.com

“We can confirm that the UK government has lifted hand luggage restrictions on all Jet2.com flights to the UK from Turkey.

This means that, with immediate effect, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays customers will be able to take devices such as laptops, tablets and e-readers, as well as their accessories, into the aircraft cabin with them on any our flights to the UK from Antalya, Bodrum or Dalaman. Normal cabin luggage restrictions will continue to apply.

We have worked very closely with the UK government to take this step, which does mean that customers may be subject to additional security measures at the departure gate.

As always, we will do everything we can to minimise disruption for our customers, however we do recommend that customers leave extra time to allow for security processing at the departure gate.”

We flew back from Dalaman to Birmingham last Wednesday night with iPad and iPad Pro in hand luggage to watch films during the flight.

No problems at all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 07:25:53 AM »
Taken from Easyjet website:
Following the updated advice from the UK Government, we will be lifting the security restrictions on Personal Electronic Devices (PEDs) and implementing new additional security measures on our flights from Turkey from Wednesday 2 August 2017.

Passengers can now take large personal electronics such as kindles, e-readers, tablets and laptops into the cabin of the aircraft. Please make sure your devices are charged as you may be asked to turn them on at security. Failure to be able to turn on your device may mean it will need to go in the hold or be prevented from travelling entirely.    :)

Offline daveG

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 08:59:43 AM »
Thanks to all, I thought that was the case. You would have thought that Gov.UK would have updated their official websites though!!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 14:15:47 PM »
This is the actual advice - read it carefully  ;)

'Additional security measures have been in place on flights departing from Turkey to the UK since March 2017. You should co-operate fully with security officials. Restrictions on carrying large electronic devices in the aircraft cabin, introduced as part of these measures, have now been lifted for some flights. This includes all UK-bound flights from Antalya, Bodrum, Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen and Izmir airports. Restrictions are no longer in place for the vast majority of carriers operating from other airports in Turkey, but some airlines have decided to maintain the restrictions for operational reasons. For more information and advice about what items you can take into the cabin on your flight from Turkey to the UK, contact your airline or travel company.'

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf