Author Topic: Thomas Cook jobsworth Dalaman  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Thomas Cook jobsworth Dalaman
« on: November 23, 2018, 22:48:45 PM »
OMG we certainly got in the wrong que at Dalaman this afternoon...fair does we all know the weight limits but she was charging everyone, the que was not going down, we had 7 kilos in one hand luggage case and 5 in the other, we could not believe she made us take 1 kilo out of one case and put in the other and held 1 of our boarding passes back until it was done, by now Derek was getting really hacked off and just went yep ok but il just put it back afterwards! On a plus side it was a good flight with TC all ontime etc and an extra 25% off fragrances and cosmetics but not the booze, oh and we dipped out on the very last bottle of vodka  >:(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Thomas Cook jobsworth Dalaman
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 08:53:44 AM »
We had one before with Thomas Cook at UK airport . Same thing but our hand baggage weights were 7kg and no hand baggage. When I pointed that made us 3.5kg average each, she still insisted one of us was over and we needed to adjust things before we were getting checked in.

So we held up the whole queue putting half of it into a carrier bag we luckily had in the hand luggage bag. She weighed both, gave us our boarding cards, then watched as we put the carrier bag into the other bag, right in front of her, and walk away.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 16:33:58 PM »
Sorry just seen  iv put this in the wrong section! Your story sounds soo like ours Keith! Its the first time its ever happened to us i think...this poor man was charged sounded liked to us 280 euros for extra luggage it just seems wrong to charge that much , another young couple were charged £60+...prob were loads more behind us also charged as we were quite near the front of que...on a plus it was fab to be able to get a flight direct from Dalaman to Gatwick at this time of the year and it was also practically a full flight so i hope Thomas Cook carries this on...

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 08:35:12 AM »
I flew out from Gatwick to Dalaman with TC two weeks ago and there was electronic scales at the boarding gate and anyone with over 7kg (allowance is 6kg) had to pay £69 to have bag put in hold if they couldn’t get down to limit, the guy sat next to me said this included duty free bought in airport as this was part of your luggage! In my opinion, it’s about time they clamped down on people taking the mickey!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf