Author Topic: Thomas cook beware  (Read 5114 times)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
Thomas cook beware
« on: November 29, 2018, 22:29:06 PM »

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
Re: Thomas cook beware
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 22:45:38 PM »
No sorry loss from me I'm afraid, apart from jobs losses of coarse.

probably be bailed out by the government again.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 22:54:32 PM »
A loss of competition is always a bad thing

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 06:51:38 AM »
I agree Highlander will defo be a bad thing if we lose another carrier that flys to Turkey...

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 08:44:13 AM »
I wouldn't see this as a sad loss for a company that continues to shaft everyone on prices and Luggage. Iwould feel for the staff who would be losing their jobs. 

Offline davybill

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 08:54:40 AM »
I have no complaints about Thomas Cook,  from and to Turkey, in fact I have found them ,cheaper and more regular.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 08:56:37 AM »
It cost them out tens of thousands of pounds for delayed and cancelled flights this year plus extra hotel rooms/ transport to other airports / food ect  and they part blame the hot summer. BUT not mention of compensation monies  be interesting to find out how much that was

we like thousands of others got delay compo money of £ 300 each just for our return flight,  others got compo money for both ways £ 700 each , our return flight  flight delay had  180 seats  IF every one claimed @ £ 300 each x 180  work that one out  ???.huge cost

one good thing is that british airways have increased flights from Gatwick,.

but I understand did not get any slots to fly from Manchester or leeds/Bradford following monark  air line line ceased trading as they were out bid by other airlines for these slots as this would have been a very good option from that area

Offline Steve A

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 09:52:38 AM »
My only choice is TC or Jet 2 ,TC usually works out cheaper and never been delayed more than 90 mins in about ten years.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 10:12:29 AM »
Absolutely it would be an awful shame for all the staff if they do go under, but from a selfish point of view Id be gutted as that would leave me just Easyjet for direct flights BA and Thompson I cant think of any others that fly direct...also TC have got practically all year round flights since opening of new airport which is brilliant for us as now we are retired I want to be able to get to my second home without stopping off at airports or going all round the houses getting there...
Talking of new airport terminal we flew home last Friday (TC) there was literally one other international flight leaving all others were domestic, that is really poor when you consider how busy other airports around the world are...we need more airlines to fly to Dal, Antalya etc at sensible prices...

Between us weve used TC 4 times this year and have to say they have been great, less of the frequent selling tactics, great duty free prices with their Airshoppen you could buy x3 litres of vodka ( Smirnoff) £9 a bottle and get another free, on the way back there was 25% off all fragrances & cosmetics...
On my outward flight in August a passenger was taken ill shortly after taking off, two of the crew stayed with her the whole time and were in constant contact with a doctor I have to say I was really impressed and even though they were then 2 crew members down they still carried out a full service...

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 10:47:19 AM »
I know airlines need to get their act together with regard to delays, etc but I firmly believe some of the compensation amounts are excessive. Great for those delayed but very bad for the airlines who end up paying out far too much in many cases. Just my opinion of course.

In the end we all lose out when the competition decreases.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf