Author Topic: Turkish Airlines?  (Read 11529 times)

Offline Debbie20

• Newly Registered
Turkish Airlines?
« on: January 24, 2019, 11:30:40 AM »
Hi Everyone

Does anyone ever travel to Dalaman with Turkish Airlines via Istanbul?  We have always flown direct with the usual carriers but looking for October and Turkish Airlines are a lot cheaper.   :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Turkish Airlines?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 11:45:31 AM »
Just be careful of the lay-over times at Istanbul. Some of the flights from the UK arrive late at night and then the Dalaman flight doesn't leave until after 6am.

Other than that, I'd highly recommend Turkish Airlines.

Offline Fran

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 11:46:23 AM »
I’ve done it a few times, sometimes there’s a long wait at Istanbul but you can pay to go in one of the lounges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 17:56:09 PM »
Done it once and would defo do again Turkish airlines were great...if i stood to save a lot of money I would go this route without hestitation   ;)

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 18:18:54 PM »
We fly with Turkish airlines 6 times every year, we would highly recommend them, yes there is a wait at Istanbul, we always find the flights with the less time to wait in the airport, when we go in March we have only got 5 hours wait going and 2 hours coming back, we almost always have delays going out from Heathrow so by the time we get to istanbul go to passport control and have a coffee the wait is over, and you get 23killo of baggage included, more leg room, a t.v and a nice meal and drink all in with the price and it,s half the price we would be paying to go with any other airline, so definitely thumbs up to Turkish airlines !!  :D

Offline Debbie20

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 18:57:41 PM »
Hi Everyone

Does anyone ever travel to Dalaman with Turkish Airlines via Istanbul?  We have always flown direct with the usual carriers but looking for October and Turkish Airlines are a lot cheaper.    :)

Thanks everyone, it certainly seems a good idea so will certainly consider it   :)

Offline jan deli

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 19:28:47 PM »
Have you looked at Pegasus for winter flights i’ve used them and did not have too long to wait between flights down to Dalaman reasonable prices too.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 11:27:11 AM »
Having previously flown with TA, I decided to book withthem for my September holiday.  I was beyond disappointed. On arrival at Ataturk Airport, we were literally abandoned and given no information about getting to the domestic terminal.  The airport was so run down compared to our earlier visits. The layover was hellish.  It was badoutbound but worse inbound.  Unless you at present travelling frkm London, you will still fly intothe old Ataturk Airport.  The airline itself and the actual flight were greatbut the ground services, which TA oversee was shocking because of lack of information and a shabby dirty airport.i went mention the toilets !!!!!!!  Lady Year the return flight from Edinburgh was £257, this year it’s approximately £360. I won’t use them again.

Offline Wasp0

• It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 12:17:37 PM »
Having previously flown with TA, I decided to book withthem for my September holiday.  I was beyond disappointed. On arrival at Ataturk Airport, we were literally abandoned and given no information about getting to the domestic terminal.  The airport was so run down compared to our earlier visits. The layover was hellish.  It was badoutbound but worse inbound.  Unless you at present travelling frkm London, you will still fly intothe old Ataturk Airport.  The airline itself and the actual flight were greatbut the ground services, which TA oversee was shocking because of lack of information and a shabby dirty airport.i went mention the toilets !!!!!!!  Lady Year the return flight from Edinburgh was £257, this year it’s approximately £360. I won’t use them again.

Couldn't disagree more! But then we all differ. I use Turkish airline maybe 3-4 time per year, and when compared with Queasyjet and their ilk, often work out cheaper. better seat, Food on Flight, Free 23Kg bag allowance per ticket, Entertainment on flight. Yes you get the stop over, but NEVER in 4 years of doing the travelling to our place in Turkey have i ever waited more than 3 hours. Take this June for Example (2019) Cost of budget airline  cheapest, including luggage allowance, £565. TA = £469!!

Agree Ataturk is run down, but hey the have a new Airport now. May i ask what exactly where you expecting after landing in Istanbul, a personal guide to your dalaman flight? not asking nasterly but just enquiring. Signs clearly show Domestic Transfer and Passport Control??

Like i said, not everyone is the same thank goodness, but IMHO the choice tween TA and Budget for service and COST is a no brainer!

Offline IanK

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 14:11:37 PM »
Must admit I struggle to understand why you would take an extra 3-5hrs each way with a stopover on the middle of the night to save £150.
I can absolutely understand doing this to fit in a couple of days in Istanbul though

I'll go and dig out my hard hat now.😁

Ian.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf