Author Topic: Turkish Airlines?  (Read 11534 times)

Offline shortlands

Re: Turkish Airlines?
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2019, 13:00:23 PM »
We are also flying via Istanbul to Dalaman with Turkish Airlines because of cost.We have a 4 hour stop over in Istanbul on the flight to Dalaman am I right in saying that we do passport control at Istanbul which should give us plenty of time on the way out but on the return flight to Gatwick we have 1hour 50 minutes do we do passport control at Dalaman or when we get to Istanbul if so is 1 hour 50minutes enough.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2019, 13:27:01 PM »
You'll go through Passport Control at IST in both cases as you'll be arriving at and departing from the Domestic Terminal at Dalaman.

Whether an hour and 50 minutes is enough on your return journey will be entirely dependant on how busy it is at IST.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2019, 06:58:09 AM »
Soooo I thought I was all chilled out about our upcoming trip re we are transfer passengers and hence luggage will be transferred for us ( still really hoping that’s the case no pun intended re case)
Anyway on re reading this thread Iv seen folk have posted about 23 kilo luggage with TA...on checking our bookings we have 15 kilo each re 1st flight then it increase to 20 kilo for the Gatwick leg...

So does anyone know please if it is standard procedure to issue 15 kilo for a domestic flight, don’t really want to have to pay extra at Antalya if we rock up with 20 each...

Many thanks as always...

Offline lissa

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2019, 07:05:04 AM »
Yes, it is generally 15kg for a domestic flight. I have never booked Turkish airlines as you have, that is each flight separately, and have also had 20kg for the whole journey, from Turkey to U.K. I think I would try and contact customer services before traveling and sort before you get to the airport. They might let you through at the airport but if not the charges for excess luggage are high I believe.

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2019, 07:51:58 AM »
We fly 5 times a year with Turkish airlines from Heathrow to Istanbul then on to Dalaman Return, Domestic flight and it,s always 23 ..kilo each, each way.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2019, 08:47:27 AM »
Ok thanks very much for replies I think it’s because Iv done the bookings separately hence my first booking being a domestic flight and only 15 kilos...
Il message them again on Facebook and try to plead my case lol!
 23 kilo is a very good luggage allowance espec to be included in the booking price   :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2019, 12:48:57 PM »
Buy a 'coat of many pockets' and use it to put stuff in for the journey. Once you've worn it through check-in you can just take it off and carry it. Been there, done that several times.  ;)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2019, 15:33:26 PM »
Well as we were sat trying to work out how to get a bit more re the first flight ( like stuff in pockets etc) then realizing we were not going to be able to add it to our cases anyway I decided to go in TA website and see how much they charge for prebooked extra luggage and was pleasantly surprised to see its only 50tl per extra 5 kilos so I booked an extra 5 kilos and thought when an email arrived 5 mins later it was to confirm the extra baggage but NO it was not for that it was to say DRUMROLL our domestic flight had been changed from 7.55am to 15.30 which meant we would miss our 10.30 flight to Gatwick!
So (praise the lord for the Vodaphone) I phoned up and was told we are not classed as transfer passengers because of how I made the booking, and that we would have to transfer our own luggage at SAW so long story short Iv had to rebook a flight with Pegasus at a much earlier time (pick up from hotel now 3am)...
So a lesson has been learnt in future if I travel with two flights I shall make the booking with only one company.
I am kind of feeling like this is fate re the flight change as I believe we would have missed our LGW flight re having to transfer our baggage and check in again

Offline lissa

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2019, 05:25:28 AM »
If you book a return flight with Turkish Airlines, starting from Dalaman back to the U.K., the luggage allowance is 20kg, if the other way round, so starting from U.K., the allowance is 23kg. No idea why!

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2019, 09:15:06 AM »
Try booking  with Skyscanner it will be the same weight each way and it,s a lot cheaper than booking with Turkish airlines direct.    :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf