Author Topic: Turkish Airlines?  (Read 11531 times)

Offline lissa

Re: Turkish Airlines?
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2019, 11:28:31 AM »
Reported on another site that flights were purchased for a Pegasus flight, through another agent, think last minute, and the girl was told on arrival at Istanbul that she had to check in again. As the length between flights was short, she couldn't so another seat on a later flight had to be bought. Some offers on sky scanner say self transfer, it is assumed that it means this. So if you do book through another agency, make sure you have enough time between flights to collect luggage and check in again!
Re  Turkish Airlines luggage allowance, I meant that if you fly from Dalaman to London and back to Dalaman, luggage allowance is 20kg for each flight,  if you fly London to Dalaman and back to London, allowance is 23kg for each flight, booked directly with Turkish Airlines.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2019, 19:01:04 PM »
I feel like it was fate re our first flight time was changed as if it hadn’t been I truly think we would not have made our Gatwick flight, the man on the phone at Turkish Airlines said we were classed as domestic passengers only, even tho they have us on the system re the Gatwick flight, I said to him if I take the refund and book with another co did he think the time we had between flights ( new one was similar time with Pegasus to original one) and his words were that is also “risky” re making 2nd flight hence we r going on a 2 hr earlier one...
I have defo learnt a lesson for future wen booking a transfer flight!

Thanks again tho for all info and replies   :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2019, 04:26:25 AM »
Soo it was absolutely fated out for us that the first flight I’d booked with TA that had the time changed was not meant to be!
Long story short but because our original flights on 18th Nov with Thomas Cook were no more Derek had overstayed by x2 days so we had to go to the “visa violation” desk to get issued with a form to go pay the fine and trying to find the kiosk to pay the fine took forever so without a doubt we would have missed our Gatwick flight...

Have to say both flights with Pegasus and Turkish Airlines were superb defo two of the nicest flights Iv had for ages, TA business class section looked fab I did try to get an upgrade but it didn’t work!   :)  ;)

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2020, 23:14:16 PM »
Has anyone else had a flight cancelled or suspended with Turkish Airlines yet.
I have received an email today to say itinary change from 20/05/20 to the 21/05/20 dept Gatwick to Dlm same time, ( even though can't imagine  they will be flying by then).
Just checked the website tonight and it's says that all flights are suspended untill 28/05/20.
It looks like we can change our flights free of charge to another date, which suits us as long as we are allowed to fly later in the year but it does say this is a one time change free of charge, but what happens if you change them to a date and that is also cancelled. Has anyone had experiences such as this yet,  are they an easy company to lias with, what have you chosen to do??
Thanks

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2020, 09:42:55 AM »
If you time it right there is no need to be waiting 3-4 hours. We have recently used the new airport and its great with only a 90 min transit time between flights.  The flight was during the day and arrived at Dalaman at a decent time. Turkish Airlines with in flight movies etc makes such a difference over cheaper airlines.  However, just as a word of caution, the first time that we did this way we arrived at Dalaman at 9pm and had to wait until 11pm before the shuttle transfer desk opened! This was even with a 'maximum 45 min wait for shuttle guarantee'.  Do a private transfer to not have this problem.

Offline cenk

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2020, 11:09:36 AM »
Has anyone else had a flight cancelled or suspended with Turkish Airlines yet.
I have received an email today to say itinary change from 20/05/20 to the 21/05/20 dept Gatwick to Dlm same time, ( even though can't imagine  they will be flying by then).
Just checked the website tonight and it's says that all flights are suspended untill 28/05/20.
It looks like we can change our flights free of charge to another date, which suits us as long as we are allowed to fly later in the year but it does say this is a one time change free of charge, but what happens if you change them to a date and that is also cancelled. Has anyone had experiences such as this yet,  are they an easy company to lias with, what have you chosen to do??
Thanks

Our flights at the end of march are cancelled too. We took our money back. You can call their customer care service.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2020, 15:59:17 PM »
Update for anyone who's waiting for refunds just checked my bank and I have received my refund from Turkish airlines for my cancelled flights 20/5/20. No email confirming this payment just appeared back to my card.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf