Author Topic: Proof of visa requirement  (Read 11402 times)

Offline peat

• Newly Registered
Proof of visa requirement
« on: April 03, 2019, 15:10:51 PM »
We flew from edinburgh to dalaman yesterday. When we were in the queue to board there was an announcement that visas had to be shown, either paper copies or electronic copies. The explanation for this was that dalaman no longer offered the facility to purchase visas at the airport. Fortunately we had paper copies and were able to show them but I do not know what would happen if we were unable to prove that we had visas, would we have been allowed to board?
We had not heard of this requirement before and given that this was just half an hour before takeoff there was nothing we could have done about it.

Peat

Offline lissa

Re: Proof of visa requirement
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 15:17:23 PM »
When I flew back from Gatwick at the end of January, check in staff asking for proof of visas,residency or citizenship ID.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 15:19:01 PM »
No, you wouldn't have been able to board without a visa. If the airline allows passengers to board without a visa, and they are denied entry into Turkey, the airline would be responsible for repatriation on the next available flight at their cost. The same applies to any passengers attempting to fly with insufficient time remaining on their passport before it expires.

Visas are not now available to purchase at ANY Turkish airport.

Offline lissa

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 15:22:00 PM »
When I flew back from Gatwick late January, check in staff were asking for proof of visa, residency or Turkish ID.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 15:38:37 PM »
We have never been asked for or visa before boarding but have always had them ready together with flight confirmation.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 15:52:40 PM »
You probably will be asked in future H, now that the option to purchase at airports and border crossings has been withdrawn.

Offline lissa

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 18:10:46 PM »
First time in January that I have ever been asked in a lot of years traveling to Turkey.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 18:28:04 PM »
I flew from Gatwick yesterday too and the same thing, I had to join a que at check in (with Easyjet) to show my visa, I have residency so had to show that and then got my boarding pass stamped, also had to reshow it all at the gate but on boarding the plane they didn’t want to see my boarding pass...

Offline Gordon Smith

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 20:40:14 PM »
Yes. I came through LGW at the weekend and had a copy. There where 4 people without copies and not allowed to board.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 21:14:50 PM »
As I said we always carry our Visas with us but I do wonder if the 4 unfortunate people who were not allowed to board were notified by their airline.

We have NOT been advised by our airline.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf