Author Topic: Proof of visa requirement  (Read 11407 times)

Offline lissa

Re: Proof of visa requirement
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2019, 10:56:46 AM »
I don't think the proof is your passport. And if an airline allows you to fly into a country and that country subsequently refuses you entry because of no visa, the airline has to return you at their expense.  How is it cost cutting, and who by?
I flew via  the US in the winter to NewZealand and though only transiting, not entering America, had to purchase a visa online and was advised to take a hard copy of this with me. I was asked about this visa at check in at Heathrow.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2019, 19:39:48 PM »
Your proof is your passport,not a bit of paper done on a home printer that could e been tampered with.

Your passport is proof of identity. A Visa is an additional document or stamped endorsement indicating that the holder is allowed to enter, leave, or stay for a specified period of time in a country.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2019, 19:50:01 PM »
Steve I flew here last week and trust me you have to show your visa at Gatwick.
I have residency but I still had to go to a separate little desk at check in once I had been asked where I was flying to where a chap saw my residency made notes of it and stamped my boarding pass ( still have the boarding pass somewhere il take a pic and try and post it)
There was also some check in desks saying ( this was with Easyjet) along from the normal check in desks that said something along the lines of Turkish sumat maybe they have always said that, I was in a real hurry and stressed as someone had selfishly decided to jump in front of a train that morning and my train was late so check in was a mad rush for me but trust me you Do need to be able to show a copy of your visa I also had to show it all again at the boarding gate though for the first time ever not when I boarded the plane, maybe this is because cabin crew know you won’t be getting on if you’ve not passed the visa checks...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2019, 19:56:23 PM »
Your proof is your passport,not a bit of paper done on a home printer that could e been tampered with.

If it was tampered with it wouldn’t tally with the info they hold at Dalaman passport control and you’d still be denied entry, just after the flight rather than just before.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2019, 20:01:06 PM »

Don’t know if its worked or not not sure I have ever posted an image on here in all my time of being a member!

Offline Steve A

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2019, 21:33:58 PM »
I do not disagree with anyone here and believe you are having to produce a hard copy.
The details of your visa are electronically tied into your passport hence my comments about passport i.e. get to the other end and get turned back because your passport does not show a visa purchased.
My comment regarding tampered with printouts was just to evidence that you could produce anything,get on the plane only to be refused entry.
Why they have started checking at this end when a visa is for entry only and has nothing to do with the airline,is beyond me.
I have always taken a copy of my visa and passport with me.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2019, 21:39:36 PM »
It has everything to do with the airline Steve. If a passenger has no visa, or the required 6 months remaining on their passport, and they are refused entry in Turkey, the airline are responsible for repatriating them at the airline's cost.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2019, 21:42:18 PM »
It's funny Steve, I travel everywhere with boarding passes in Apple wallet in my phone, or in emails with a code to scan at the airport - even though my wife hates it and needs me to print off a paper boarding pass for her to keep it "real"; yet even from day one, even when we all knew you didn't actually need a printed off copy of the visa, it was the one document I printed off and brought with me.

Offline lissa

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2019, 06:42:30 AM »
As far as I am aware, check in staff in the U.K. cannot see your visa on your passport, it only comes up on the Turkish system once you go to passport control in Turkey. And having a visa is to do with the airline as they have to bear the cost of your return flight if refused entry.

Offline madmart

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2019, 07:42:52 AM »
It's funny Steve, I travel everywhere with boarding passes in Apple wallet in my phone, or in emails with a code to scan at the airport - even though my wife hates it and needs me to print off a paper boarding pass for her to keep it "real"; yet even from day one, even when we all knew you didn't actually need a printed off copy of the visa, it was the one document I printed off and brought with me.

Must admit we are the same, for some reason I've never trusted the electronic visa system.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf