Author Topic: good places to eat.  (Read 9977 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: good places to eat.
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 17:36:23 PM »
For my money,wouldn't bother to go back to Gustorante; have eaten there twice over the winter - first time, service very slow & food startlingly average. Only returned as it was hissing down with rain & I was able to park virtually on the doorstep - 2 meals tasted fine, though non too warm, the other was pretty dried out, again the service was slow

Neither time could they claim to have been busy. Sorry, but there are so many other places where the service & food are so much better, prices comparable & with a decent view

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 18:48:37 PM »
I've only been to Gustorante once and Dogan and I had their village breakfast. I'm a bit of a connoisseur of village breakfasts as those of you that know me well will know and I can highly recommend it.

It's called the Aegean breakfast on the menu and less than 60 TL for two people so not sure how they make a profit considering how plentiful it was.

This is my review with photos on Google https://goo.gl/maps/V4AxH7hyzeJ2 

If you're visiting the Sunday market it is well worth a try   :)

Offline suehugh

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 19:20:36 PM »
Gustorante on the market road is a must. Casa De Mamas , Obens and Moto bar on the Calis Prom. Guven’s just beyond the Aroma beach Bar also in Calis. On the Corden try Reissrestaurant. Which is at the end of the beautiful new park.
Further onto the Corden, try Denizetti and Manceros.
Lastly and best of all is Kukina cafe at the entrance to the Umbrella street in Fethiye.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2019, 21:55:49 PM »
went to bella todays 2adults and 3 grand kids lovely meal

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2019, 22:27:56 PM »
Summer Rose (previously Barbella's) is getting great reviews on Trip Advisor.  Abuzer and his wife Dominique have only been in business for a year, Abu previously having worked at the Nil and Bogazici, before setting up in partnership with Tarik at Summer Breeze. though that did not end well.  Fair play to them for taking a risk and opening their own establishment.  Currently ranked 7th in Fethiye and 1st in Calis.  I don't visit as often I could, but I think the reviews they're getting are bang on.

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2019, 19:27:53 PM »
I’m just back from a short break to Albufeira Portugal not one meal that we had compared to the taste and quality as well as value for money as any we have had in Calis in the past , so can’t wait to get back start of May for my usual visits to Casa di Mammas Obens Babzen Kebab Zentara Beach to mention a few and really looking forward to first visit to Motif

Offline Wasp0

• It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2019, 05:32:50 AM »
Thought we would try Babzen last night after all its good reviews on here.

Just Wow! Food outstanding, Service could not fault, and Cost.......Half what we paid in one of the 'Strip' restaurants the night before. I like the fact that the bill gives you the price for your meal in TL, GBP, USD (+1 other can't remember), so for 2 meals, 4 drinks, 2 desserts, plus the Pufferbread..........Just a tad over £19. OUTSTANDING Value.

Won't hesitate to come back again and FULLY recommend Babzen for Turkish Kebabs.

On another point, I do note that the prices are up a fair old wack this year from last, but still good value for what you are getting.

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2019, 11:24:49 AM »
You  mus t try Motif. New only just opened. Owners previous of Mozaic in Fethiye.That was best restaurant ever. Must say new owners are also excellent. Nicola and Dogan will give you a wonderful meal.But be warned you may have to wait for a table, I believe it has always been full even in April .

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2019, 12:57:28 PM »
You  must try Motif. New only just opened. Owners previous of Mozaik in Fethiye.That was best restaurant ever. Must say new owners are also excellent. Nicola and Dogan will give you a wonderful meal.But be warned you may have to wait for a table, I believe it has always been full even in April .

Perhaps he already did   ;)

Offline patch

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2019, 06:57:35 AM »
where is Motif ? thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf