Author Topic: Thomas Cook  (Read 11687 times)

Offline marina

Re: Thomas Cook
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2019, 14:15:57 PM »
The exact point which my OH has been trying to make over the last 24 hours Stoop. (on fb!  : :) ) to him it's a no brainer. But not getting many to agree with him.   

Offline daveG

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2019, 14:39:35 PM »
Having experienced closures with Sunseekers and Monarch and a close shave with Cyprus/Turkish airlines, I have great sympathy with anyone caught up
in this. Unfortunately as I see it even with a bail out Who will have the confidence once again to book with TC. Sadly I think it's only a matter of time before a final closure. 

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2019, 14:44:23 PM »
The exact point which my OH has been trying to make over the last 24 hours Stoop. (on fb!  :  :) ) to him it's a no brainer. But not getting many to agree with him.   

I think many people don’t agree with bailing out failing companies and I can understand that. However we are talking 19,000 staff worldwide 9,000 Uk based. It’s a massive company.

Offline marina

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2019, 14:55:14 PM »
I agree, the Monarch crash 2 years ago was bad enough, and we got caught out in that so have every sympathy with people having flights booked with TC. But I don't think everyone will be aware just how big it is and the implications if it can't be rescued.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2019, 16:05:23 PM »
And they are the UK longest trading airline maybe that doesn’t count to a lot of people but to me (to you) it should count for something...
As Stoop has said this money is to enable Forsun to bail TC out.
Here is to hoping, it’s going to be so ludicrously hard to get here from uk ( direct flights) and we are going to have to find another destination for our January holiday as we are just not going to be able to get here if they go belly up  :(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2019, 16:18:41 PM »
 ....the banks are now demanding that Thomas Cook arrange an extra £200m financing facility to see the firm through what is expected to be an extremely tough winter for the UK travel industry.

Ironic that RBS, which was bailed out using taxpayers money, is leading the negotiations given their own dismal track record.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2019, 16:38:46 PM »
I did a search at their website earlier and for Fethiye - a week in August 2020, TC gave me a choice of 1 hotel...

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2019, 17:44:07 PM »
Can anyone explain the exact reason for ATOL or ABTA if it isn't security to get you home if the company folds. If that's the case then why is it going to cost the Government 100 million to get people home surely this should be coming out of the ATOL and ABTA insurance pot.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2019, 19:21:13 PM »
I've booked a Thomas Cook flight or hotel outside a package. Am I covered?

Hotel bookings. You are not covered by Atol, Abta or package holiday protection if Thomas Cook goes bust. You may have protection if you paid on plastic, see the 'Did you pay on credit or debit card?' section below.

Flights booked online or by phone. You are not covered by Atol, Abta or package holiday protection if Thomas Cook goes bust. You may have protection if you paid on plastic, see the 'Did you pay on credit or debit card?' section below.

Flights booked at a Thomas Cook shop. These will be Atol-protected. If Thomas Cook goes under, you can continue your holiday if abroad or get a refund if still in the UK.

Money Saving Expert

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2011/11/qa-how-safe-is-thomas-cook/

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2019, 19:31:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure none of that is true.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf