Author Topic: Special occasion  (Read 5935 times)

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
Special occasion
« on: June 20, 2019, 20:07:13 PM »
It’s not often I’ve eaten out in calis, fethiye or surrounding areas. I’m looking for a restaurant to attend for a really special occasion. Im looking for something a little bit ‘up market’ if possible - romantic  ;) love Italian and Indian but open to suggestions.

Any help would be appreciated  :)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Re: Special occasion
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 20:27:22 PM »
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g298031-d4739067-Reviews-Ada_Restaurant-Fethiye_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

Don't think they come more "special" than this, well in my opinion anyway! Book with them, boat collects you from the Sat restaurant. Not cheap but then quality never is.

Offline Phil

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 20:28:38 PM »
Sundial Restaurant would be my option

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 20:38:48 PM »
Any trip advisor links or website would be great

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 20:46:38 PM »

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 21:08:52 PM »
Strange only asking about the Ada Restaurant myself recently as I’m also interested, I can confirm that the Sundial is a great place to eat and the view is one of the best, but make sure you have a table at the front of the terrace for the view. (But just check on recent reviews as sometimes season to season can be different)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 21:13:29 PM »
I agree the Sundial looks interesting; we may give it a shot.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 08:20:39 AM »
Casa Margot - go and see them a couple of days before the celebration and discuss your menu preferences. Quiet but classy with super views over the Marina. Choice of table too. Enjoy wherever! If it's just the two of you they might tempt you with one of their glorious bedrooms - ask!

Offline skibumuk

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 11:13:14 AM »
Try the Yacht Classic in Fethiye
http://www.yachtclassichotel.com/

Great food in a nice setting by the Marina, and you might see Turtles swimming by if your lucky!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 11:22:34 AM by skibumuk »

Offline jennyjo

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2019, 18:05:00 PM »
We've recently spent a few weeks in Calis and visited both the Yatch Classic and the Sundial. The Yatch Classic was just average on service and food.  Arrived early to enjoy a few drinks and enjoy the view. Ordered a cocktail and hubby a beer. The bar staff then proceeded to chat and get drinks for a group of people who came off their boat,. Took a good 15 minutes to get our drinks and the waiter stood there and quoted the price. Hubby explained we were dining and asked if it could be put on the bill. The one word reply NO. No bill or the fact we would be having another drink. We felt very uncomfortable. Hubby'd glass was chipped. My cocktail was very nice. Didn't order another drink so went over to the restaurant. When booking I did ask for a table at the edge as it was our wedding anniversary. We couldn't have had a worse table. Kind of attached to a waiter station of menus, cutlery etc. So constant noise and disturbance. My starter of mushrooms in paprika sauce were gorgeous. Hubby had seafood soup which was very watery, bland with virtually no seafood.  All other tables had been given a basket of bread which we had to request when the starters arrived but the waiter didn't seem happy to have been asked.  My main was very nice but veg was cold and casserole and potatoes only just warm. Hubby had seafood pasta which again had hardly any seafood and the sauce just appeared to be cream poured over. This was our second visit but we won't be trying a third.  NOW The Sundial was just excellent with the service and the food which was all hot and top quality with the bonus of free pick up and drop off. There's live music on a Thursday and Saturday which added to the lovely setting.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf