Author Topic: Does a common law wife need to register with polis if tapu owner not in Turkey  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Can anyone tell me please if a couple have been together many years and have not married so therefore have different surnames, if the wife comes to stay in their property without the husband whose name is in the tapu and obviously not paying any rent to stay in her own home will she need to go and register her details at the polis station and if so is there a charge?
Many thanks for any info

Offline cenk

Yes her ID details must be reported to the police system on line in this case . To do that, property must be registered in the police network system. And reporting can be done only by the static IP that was given to the police when registering the property.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
The other option is to have the second person added to the tapu as part owner. We did this two years ago as it seemed logical at the time. Saves the hassle of the rental problem registering, etc.

Inspector sorted it out for us.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
The other option is to have the second person added to the tapu as part owner.

Doesn't that incur taxes and fees because it's treated as a sale Stoop ?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Yes it does but in the scheme of things it puts the spouse/partner on the Tapu. That in itself gets rid of the rental issue but of course in the long term it means if anything should happen to either spouse it makes life much easier for the surviving one.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Thanks very much for all replies...
We spent 1.5 hr at polis station this morning but was all very difficult because of the language barrier....
I have to give huge praise to all the polis personnel at Gunlakbasi polis station as they were all so very helpful...

Stoop would you mind posting a rough cost of how much for someone to be added to the tapu please, if not that’s fine thank u

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Thanks very much for all replies...
We spent 1.5 hr at polis station this morning but was all very difficult because of the language barrier....
I have to give huge praise to all the polis personnel at Gunlakbasi polis station as they were all so very helpful...

Stoop would you mind posting a rough cost of how much for someone to be added to the tapu please, if not that’s fine thank u

We paid about 2500tl but it's all based on the value of the property - in your case, divided by 2. So you pay 4% tax based on 50% of the property value. This is a value on the Tapu not the amount you would sell it for. Then there are other fees.

Best way to get a detailed estimate is to contact Inspector on here. He sorted everything out for us inside 2 days. By far the best man for the job.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Thank u very much Stoop much appreciated re the info
Inspector is my go to man for all things important and where I want to know the facts not bar talk lol!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf