Author Topic: Special Assistance with Jet 2  (Read 2616 times)

Offline daveG

Special Assistance with Jet 2
« on: September 18, 2019, 14:19:35 PM »
For those planning to travel with Jet2 and requiring special assistance. You will no longer be able to use just a fit to fly letter from your GP or Hospital Consultant. The new requirements must be filled out on Jet 2 Medical Forms and completed by your GP/Consultant. :angel:

Offline marina

Re: Special Assistance with Jet 2
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 14:34:47 PM »
Blimey, they like to make it easy for you don't they   : :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 15:33:44 PM »
Does anyone know if they recognise the Sunflower Lanyard Scheme ?

https://www.hiddendisabilitiesstore.com/products-10/products.html

Offline daveG

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 15:51:20 PM »
Yes Marina this did give us stress, having previously flown back and forth APR-JUNE with Jet 2 we were not aware of this change. Having an appointment with our oncologist for my wife's check up and results from previous ct scan we were over the moon with the outcome and A fit to fly organised. So laptop out tickets booked. On receipt of fit to fly requested special assistance and then the headache once again began. Printed out forms, one for us to fill in and three for our GP!! and of course it's So.. easy to get an appt with your GP huh.....
Anyway now sorted, and several bottles of vino later we are now chomping at the bit for our flight next week.. :angel:

Offline marina

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 16:27:08 PM »
Glad you're sorted now dave and can fully appreciate your excitement at being able to book to come out again. Pleased your wife's results made it possible to do so.
Are you Jet2 from Leeds/Bfd? We're a week after you, Jet2 Monday 30th.
We can't wait either, have a great time

Offline marina

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 22:23:37 PM »
Does anyone know if they recognise the Sunflower Lanyard Scheme ?

https://www.hiddendisabilitiesstore.com/products-10/products.html

Forgot to reply to this earlier KKOB. I've heard of this scheme fairly recently with regards to a family with an autistic child who were given help after a flight. Can't remember where it was though.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 23:02:08 PM »
KKOB, My daughter has the sunflower lanyard and all the UK airlines and airports we have used recognise it, not so much abroad.
We book special assistant (mainly for my mother who has physical disabilities) but also for my daughter, I just point it out to them at the desk but you can book special assistance just for special needs, i think it comes under the umbrella of intellectual development or something similar.
We have found the airlines to be generally compassionate towards her needs, which is mainly anxiety based  around crowds.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 18:38:01 PM »
Just having a re read through some special assistance post and came across this one with reference to Jet2 requiring medical information for special assistance.
Has anyone else come across this situation yet? is it for certain medical needs ie oxygen on board the aircraft or do customers with walking difficulties where you just need wheelchair assistance need doctors letters too.
Special Assistance is meant to be a free undiscriminating service, but GPs can charge for such letters.

I would be interested to hear of other experiences.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf