Author Topic: Flights to Dalaman 2020  (Read 12860 times)

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Re: Flights to Dalaman 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 08:19:40 AM »
This is all sounds really good, the point that might be missed here is that the remaining Airlines prices will be higher than ever. From what i remember last year the Turkish Government where giving the airlines on average £50 per head for all passengers that they flew into Turkey

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 09:57:21 AM »
All very well increasing the flights, but the hotels need a company to take on their marketing.

Offline lissa

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 14:08:45 PM »
Take up of flight slots left by Thomas Cook by other companies, not sure there will be more flights in next year, just under a different name. But at least companies are filling the slots, and I am sure some operators will sign contracts with some of the hotels Thomas Cook had as exclusive in the U.K. market. Hotels also sell rooms through various online companies but not much good if the seats aren't there!

Offline charlste

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 19:19:53 PM »
A few of my friends have said that if the flights are too expensive they will put their apartments in calis up for sale.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 11:13:18 AM »
Hotels aren’t expensive but flights are beyond ridiculous.  You can get an AI holiday elsewhere than Turkey for less than the price of a flight to Dalaman.  People should hold off until March/April before booking holidays.  Tour operators say peak booking is Jan/Feb.  If their numbers are diminished they will have to rethink their pricing or go the same way as Thomas Cook.

Offline Gordon Smith

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 16:57:42 PM »
EasyJet 2 weeks mid May next year, back before Bank Holiday, from LGW £248 return at the moment. That is acceptable.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 18:06:36 PM »
Our day flight out early june back end june day flight with hold bags each and seats together was a total of £ 435 from Gatwick  so there were/ still are good value flights around if you look hard at all options / variations , look out for Pegasus direct dalaman flights from Manchester and Gatwick  Mondays only  on sale 1 st week November  who this year were lots cheaper than most

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 20:37:17 PM »
I am always on the Easyjet site at 5am waiting for the new releases and will be again (Sept/Oct yet to be released) and I know what I'll pay (and it's too much) but I won't pay ridiculous money.

I can't think of the last year we didn't visit Turkey in one way or another - 20 years + I would imagine - but I won't pay through the nose for it. A nice AI in Rhodes or a great value hotel in Spain or Portugal will not make me less happy.

I do hope things settle to realistic levels.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 22:27:53 PM »
Only local flight we can get for June is £954 for two.If this remains we won’t be going to Turkey in 2020 and that will be such a shame.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf