Author Topic: What if the Flight Prices Soar?  (Read 8638 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: What if the Flight Prices Soar?
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 08:19:45 AM »

Also how come enviromentalists do not jump on the fact that people will take 2/3 flights to get the same destination if the price is so much cheaper....not good for the carbon footprint surely.
I have found flights to Istanbul via frankfurt then flights from to Istanbul to dlm yes a lot of faffing (for some) but the price is currently 1/3 of the price than choosing a UK airline. Thats a big saving for a famiy.

Those flights are already scheduled and will fly whether or not you choose to book seats.

Offline RichardF

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2019, 11:36:25 AM »
I paid £358 return from Manchester to Dalaman with EasyJet, case and seat included. I got up at silly o'clock back in September to book flights for July / Aug next summer. Just trying to give you all some hope that on Thursday when the next batch are released you can pick up some reasonably priced flights and not paying the £500+ that they will be later in the day. It will interesting to see how prices compare to school holiday times. Good luck and hope you get your Calis / Fethiye fix for next year!! 

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2019, 12:20:49 PM »
I paid £358 return from Manchester to Dalaman with EasyJet, case and seat included. I got up at silly o'clock back in September to book flights for July / Aug next summer. Just trying to give you all some hope that on Thursday when the next batch are released you can pick up some reasonably priced flights and not paying the £500+ that they will be later in the day. It will interesting to see how prices compare to school holiday times. Good luck and hope you get your Calis / Fethiye fix for next year!!

unfortunately the school hols in the next EasyJet batch only cover  the start of Oct 2020 half term (upto 24th) the return flights will be on the next releases (which i think are released around march 2020) which means taking a chance about your return.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2019, 13:49:32 PM »
There are flights Manchester to dalaman available Monday 12 oct to Monday 26 October DIRECT for £2 7 6 . 50 each includes hold bag and seat reserved , our friends just booked for half term next year, quite good flights as well , I suspect this price will be cheaper than easy jet people who miss the early bird prices

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2019, 17:06:13 PM »
Agree Chris, when we had our place there it is difficult to think of not going to it - 5am Thursday is the only chance, see you there mate...

I'll be there (Bleary Eyed)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2019, 18:32:37 PM »
For the dates we want with Easyjet, Jet2 fly the same days and are £693 return per person.I know how much I am prepared to pay, and it is miles less than that.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2019, 19:00:05 PM »
Actually on checking Jet2 holidays they are offering the same dates but including accommodation/transfers/breakfast at the Tugay hotel in Calis for £26 LESS than just the return flights :o

Offline charlste

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 19:39:40 PM »
And now from next april there is the new hotel tax to pay.

Offline charlste

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 19:40:56 PM »
On thursday when easyjet release the flights what date in october will it go up to?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2019, 20:13:23 PM »
Up to 25th Charles, according to the announcement.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf