Author Topic: Hoppa Airport Transfers  (Read 6503 times)

Offline johnc

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 13:36:58 PM »
Well looks as if Hoppa is too risky, especially as we land late in April. The reason for taking a shuttle is not just the saving - the Hoppa cost is around £10 for two - it's also an environmental issue, not good for one or two people to be taking separate taxis. There is another shuttle service, Shuttle Direct, and I did email them to ask if they used the same supplier as Hoppa? Reply 'We work with different local suppliers in each destination and until the booking has been completed on our website we cannot say who the supplier for the service will be'  So looking as if it is going to  have to be FAT. Interestingly Sun Transfers offer a minibus which will take six passengers, for £33. We are landing with Easyjet on April 13 at 22.15. I'm sure there must be plenty of passengers going to Fethiye, but probably too difficult to arrange with others..

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Hoppa Airport Transfers
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 15:44:59 PM »
If you're worried about the environment issues, why not use the Havaş Bus ? They run a regular service and it only costs about 23TL pp each way.

Offline johnc

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 18:02:30 PM »
Actually we always use Havas or Muttas to the airport, but never from it - well, except for that one Hoppa screwup occasion. Problem is that while Havas and Muttas publish a timetable to the airport they do not publish one from it. Havas meets all domestic flights, but there do not seem to be many of them in late evening, though it could be more feasible during the day. Also what if your flight is delayed - we had a four hour delay with Easyjet from Stanstead last year? In fact to say something nice about Hoppa - they were not bothered about our late arrival, though we had to wait ages for another flight, but that was acceptable given the circumstances

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hoppa Airport Transfers
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2020, 18:09:30 PM »
Just as a point that might help if anyone is let down or has to sit around waiting on Hoppa. The airport taxis, once used only by the rich or crazy are an option these days. With the weakening of the lira we paid around £27 from memory when Hoppa told us to wait “one more hour”.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2020, 19:26:37 PM »
Just to mention another faultless transfer company, Blue Lagoon Transfers. They have a facebook page for bookings and are totally reliable.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2020, 08:43:43 AM »
For any one looking to book with Hoppa at the start of the season (we have for the last few years) we have been the only passengers so the transfer has been in a car then we book a one way from Calis to dalaman With FAT, so works out £30 with FAT and under a tenner with Hoppa just a thought   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2020, 10:04:11 AM »
Hi Trainer

We also used Hoppa in April last year and that was the last time without any problem or issue. I think their partner in Dalaman area changed after that so it will be interesting to hear how it goes for you this April.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 12:23:47 PM »
Don’t need to use them this year as we drove over  8)

Offline steveb1

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 14:36:30 PM »
Trainer any chance telling me the route as I'm thinking of doing this in the Summer cheers

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2020, 15:21:29 PM »
Steveb1,

If you draw a straight line roughly between Calais and Edirne, you'll find that there are a choice of routes but it's A grade, or Motorway almost all the way, whichever route you choose.

You've then got a choice from Edirne of the coast road via Canukkale or over the hills via Istanbul, Kutahya and Denizli to Fethiye.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf