Author Topic: WhatsApp changes  (Read 1795 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

WhatsApp changes
« on: December 17, 2019, 23:47:21 PM »
I know a lot of us use WhatsApp to stay in touch home and abroad. Money saving expert will give you the full details if these changes affect you.

Messaging service WhatsApp is to stop working on older iPhones and Android devices as well as all Windows phones over the next few months – here's how to check if your handset is affected.

After 1 February 2020, the app will no longer support phones using the following operating systems:

Android handsets – versions 2.3.7 or older
iPhones – iOS 8 or older
And WhatsApp has warned that because it no longer develops for these operating systems, "some features might stop functioning at any time".

It's already not possible to create a new WhatsApp account on phones using these systems, or to reverify existing accounts. But if you already have a WhatsApp account, you can carry on using it on your phone until February.

Plus, mobiles using Windows Phone operating systems will no longer be supported after 31 December 2019.  This isn't just confined to WhatsApp -  Microsoft itself withdrew support for these phones earlier this month, meaning anyone with the phones will no longer receive any products or security updates, and other third-party apps have also stopped supporting the devices.

If you have an Android phone running OS 4.0.3 or later, or an iPhone running iOS 9 or later, WhatsApp will still be supported on your phone and there's nothing you need to do. WhatsApp will also continue to provide support for phones running KaiOS 2.5.1 or later, which includes the Jio Phone.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: WhatsApp changes
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 09:30:14 AM »
Gosh I didn’t know that Bernie I use wats app loads to stay in touch with family when I’m in Turkey alone, I have an Android phone but have no clue if it’s one that will be affected but shall look into it, thank you for posting!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 09:59:45 AM »
Karennina, Go into 'Settings'. Scroll down to 'About phone'. Scroll to 'Software Information'. It'll display your 'Android Version' number.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 18:36:38 PM »
Ah ok thanks KKOB il do that now cheers   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf