Author Topic: Sept 20  (Read 5399 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Sept 20
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2019, 21:25:49 PM »
From Glasgow first two weeks (with seats and food) is £ 550  :( :( :(.

Why do you want to pay a premium price for average (at best) airline food? Even the elbow room and space make it a frustration. It’s 4 and a bit hours, you could pull through without a tray of cr4p     ;)

Leaving aside the price issue and the type of food (on board meal/own sandwiches) for a moment, on the return journey our pick up time is around 8 o'clock in the evening. We tend to eat around 1 hour before that. We get picked up 3 hours before our flight time, then (assuming no delays) 4 and a 1/2 hours in the air and 1 hour getting out of the airport. That's a total 9 and a 1/2 hours.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 21:32:41 PM by Highlander »

Offline blueclad

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2019, 07:33:24 AM »
I note flights from Glasgow with seats together  hold bags 1 st weeks sept  are being quoted by highlander @£550 each I assume then its plus transfers and plus somewhere to stay are all extra costs ,
however there are day flights  EG  1st sept, both ways with hold bags seats together transfers  included PLUS a choice of 3 good B/B  hotels in calis  for £619 each, 14 nights  food on plane extra,   from Glasgow . other prices for different dates

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2019, 13:53:18 PM »

Leaving aside the price issue and the type of food (on board meal/own sandwiches) for a moment, on the return journey our pick up time is around 8 o'clock in the evening. We tend to eat around 1 hour before that. We get picked up 3 hours before our flight time, then (assuming no delays) 4 and a 1/2 hours in the air and 1 hour getting out of the airport. That's a total 9 and a 1/2 hours.

So Mr. H,

You eat at 7pm which I imagine is not too different to all the other nights of your holiday. Do you have a meal a few hours later on those evenings too? :D

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2019, 14:16:30 PM »

Why do you want to pay a premium price for average (at best) airline food? Even the elbow room and space make it a frustration. It’s 4 and a bit hours, you could pull through without a tray of cr4p      ;)

OK. OK. There's no need to make a meal of it !

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2019, 16:26:25 PM »
I’ll be dining out on this story for years

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2019, 20:01:18 PM »
So Mr. H,

You eat at 7pm which I imagine is not too different to all the other nights of your holiday. Do you have a meal a few hours later on those evenings too? :D

There is of course one very important difference. We normally eat at around 8 and are tucked up in bed at about 11:30.   ;)  ;)  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2019, 20:26:29 PM »
Yes but usually in hospital

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf