Author Topic: Airline refunds  (Read 14309 times)

Offline AVAGUESS

Re: Airline refunds
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2020, 12:55:07 PM »
Well pleased with Jet2 they cancelled our flights for 30/03/2020 on 16/03/2020 refund in our bank this morning unlike EASYJET who are completely out of order, withholding refunds and impossible to contact GRRRRRR

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2020, 10:17:13 AM »
Not sure whether the airlines will attempt to apply this rule:

Marc Vincent, the finance director of Newmarket Holidays, said the UK needs to follow the example of other EU governments, which have overturned consumer protection rules requiring travel firms to pay customer refunds within 14 days.

Vincent said a switch to credit notes, which can be used to buy a holiday at a later date or redeemed for cash after two years, would protect hundreds of travel firms that have usually paid in advance for airline tickets and hotels that are also in lockdown.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/04/sunaks-virus-bailout-not-enough-as-the-flood-keeps-coming

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2020, 22:55:44 PM »
Has anyone had a flight cancelled through Turkish Airlines yet, just wandering what their procedures are.
Our flights aren't until the end of May (don't for one minute think restrictions will of been lifted by then).
Hoping to may be transfer them to a later date?

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2020, 20:03:39 PM »
Hi MarKar, I imagine they'll contact you nearer your flight time if they are going to cancel your flight or offer you an alternative. My hubby has booked with TA for mid July but hasn't had a confirmation email off them yet. He's hopeful his flight will still go ahead.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2020, 20:57:47 PM »
We were flying to Portugal via Easyjet on the 15th April.  Flight was cancelled and they made us aware the same as others - change flight or get an ATOL protected 'refund voucher'. We opted to change our flights.  Just go to manage your booking and select which option you want.  Our flights to Albuferia cost £200 and we were able to exchange them for return flights to Dalaman late July for no extra fee.  We were well chuffed!  If we had booked on their website without this exchange the same flights would have cost us £1100 return.  For some reason they also added in free hold baggage. Everything now come through (invoice, booking etc) and as long as we are able to fly at that time all we have to do is check-in online with nothing else to pay. 

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2020, 08:19:49 AM »
We were booked to fly with Turkish airlines the 27th May, we booked with Gotogate, they emailed us on monday to say our flight has been cancelled and Turkish airline offer us to keep the booking with an open voucher, which can be used anytime up to February 2021  8)

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2020, 11:25:49 AM »
Due to go to Calis from Glasgow on 9 May for 14 nights. Booked flight and hotel with TravelRepublic.  This morning I received an email from them saying they will not be taking any further payments, if any due, which will not affect any future refunds etc.  They said they will be in touch next week to update me on the situation.

Offline steveb1

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2020, 15:48:22 PM »
We booked to fly with easyJet on 5th may . Easyjet still selling tickets for this date but we know they will cancel soon .
Feel there out of order selling tickets they know they will cancel . Then not let people get refunds .
I’m still waiting for a refund from last month when they cancelled my flight back from Morocco. Luckily I took a screenshot on the day I claimed a refund and it says it is being processed. Now it only gives you the option of changing flight or a voucher

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2020, 16:20:20 PM »
Think court action may be required to get refund from Easyjet. many customers not receiving refund. I sent CEO an email and still awaiting reply after 24 hours.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2020, 17:07:20 PM »
According to this article its likely that Easyjet flights may not start again until June.  Could be just scare mongering.  https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/11360623/uk-flights-resume-jet2-easyjet-ryanair-british-airways/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf