Author Topic: Travel Republic: Covid 19 information  (Read 8999 times)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Travel Republic: Covid 19 information
« on: April 08, 2020, 12:29:25 PM »
I've posted this in flights, might be better somewhere else but leave that to the admin team.

I booked TR late last year for flights (with EJ), baggage & hotel for 1st May 2020, that's obviously not going to happen now. I raised a "service request" almost a month ago via the "my booking" section of their website with no response & unable to access anything further as this "locks" the booking. They are not accepting any phone calls.

I fully understand that these are unprecedented times & they must be overwhelmed however to ignore all contact seems a bit strange. I just wondered if anyone else is patiently waiting for TR to acknowledge & how it was dealt with???

For clarity, I don't want cancellation & refund, I'm happy to delay until September, they are still selling flights & hotels on the dates to suit my needs.

Finally: MasterCard have said they have ceased all chargeback request unless there is written confirmation from the agent, obviously that's not possible. Travel Insurance through AXA have said the same.

I'll update this post when I get some contact...

Offline Gordon Smith

Re: Travel Republic: Covid 19 information
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 16:30:56 PM »
Had an email from TR a good few weeks after cancellation to say “Given the scale of the situation and the high volumes of customers who are affected, our refund process is taking longer than normal. You don’t need to do anything. Please be rest assure we are working through these as quickly as possible and we will notify you once this is complete “. In other words just wait.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 19:04:08 PM »
I’m booked to go to Calis on 9 May for 14 nights, booked with TR, (flight with Easyjet).  I haven’t heard anything and had no response to an message I sent them.  I have an ATOL certificate. In view of the fact that the Turkish Gov said earlier that they would review flights after 17 April, I thought it would be the end of April before TR would be in touch. For health reasons, I am not able to make long term plans so vouchers or rebooking is not an option.  Furthermore, there is no way TR will offer a comparable holiday at the same price as people’s’ original booking, later in the year.  The price of Easyjet flights for later in the year have increased hugely.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 10:18:41 AM »
Thanks Gordon for your input, I'll await some similar contact soon hopefully.

I'm happy to go later in the year Ray, hope you get yours sorted to suit your needs.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 10:47:22 AM »
Try this site to manage your refund.  It manages the whole process and we have successfully used 3 times in the past.  They are obliged to respond within 30 days or it auto escalates to the company MD and 20 days later to the ombudsman.  At that point they will be forced to give a refund. https://www.resolver.co.uk/freeadvice/companies/travel-republic-complaints/services?territory_id=1

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 11:00:12 AM »
You have to create an account with them first.

https://complaint.resolver.co.uk/users/sign_up

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 11:17:42 AM »
We have used this numerous times. Most notably when BA stopped all flights due to their IT issues and were refusing to give refunds.  Also used with TUI.  It does work but can take time (up to 30 days to respond initially then up to a further 20 days before going to ombudsman)  and I would advise trying to call TR in parallel.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 11:26:58 AM »
Thanks guys, If I don't get any response before 1st May then I'll certainly look at that option, am trying to be fair to TR & patient at the same time, not easy when there's an unknown outcome!

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 16:18:26 PM »
Update: Today (17th April) I received an email from TR, below is the text for info:

Sadly, in light of the continued advice from the Foreign Commonwealth Office / Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade against all but essential travel, your holiday will not be able to take place.

Over the coming weeks, we will cancel all affected bookings and you will start to see this when you login to the website to view your holiday.

When the world starts to return to normality and you want to get away, we are offering you this credit note email to do just that. This means you can use the value of the payments you have made to us so far, and listed below, to rebook your next escape as soon as you want.

If this option isn’t suitable for you then you can simply request a cash refund and we will get this to you. We will do this as quickly as we can, however - due to the unprecedented number of requests received - a process that normally takes weeks, may take months.

What do we need you to do now?
  1.  Click on ‘Manage My Booking’ below
  2.  Sign in to view your booking on the website
  3.  Click on Customer Support link
  4.  Create a New Request
  5.  Select the category you want from the drop down list, either COVID-19 Credit, or COVID-19 Refund
  6.  In the description text box please let us know what you would like to do

What will happen next?

You then don’t need to do anything. The team will be processing all the requests in departure date order.
If you choose Covid-19 Credit option, one of our Customer Service Team will contact you to redeem this credit note and make your new booking.
For those requesting a refund, these will go back on to the card you made the original payment with and you will be notified by email once they have been processed. Any prior amendment or cancellation charges on the booking will not be refunded.

Credit note terms and conditions

•  Credit note value reflects the cleared payments we have received from you to date on your original booking.
  •  All credit notes must be redeemed through our Customer Service Team
  •  The new booking can be made up until 31st December 2020.
  •  The new booking can depart anytime until 31st December 2021*.
  •  The new booking may require travel with the original airline or attraction ticket provider*, our Customer Service Team will advise you of this when they contact you.
  •  In most cases suppliers will not allow passengers changes, therefore all passengers noted on the original booking must travel on the new booking*.
  •  If the new booking is of a higher value than the original, all additional costs must be paid.
  •  If the new booking is of a lower value than the original, no cash refund will be due however we will issue a further credit note.

*Subject to supplier.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2020, 16:21:59 PM »
I received the same email and have requested a full refund.  It remains to be seen when that will be forthcoming.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf