Author Topic: Travel Republic: Covid 19 information  (Read 9000 times)

Offline HappyMonday

Re: Travel Republic: Covid 19 information
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2020, 16:27:35 PM »
Thanks. Really useful to know this.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 12:59:39 PM »
29.04.20 - todays update: TR have cancelled the hotel but not the flight for 2 days time! No answer to my request for assistance to rebook, not available for contact by phone. If I've not heard by 1st May I'll then go down the route of refund via my Mastercard even though they refused me at the beginning, update to follow...

Offline Georgie Girl

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2020, 06:35:22 AM »
Hi a friend who was booked to go to Calis on 30th May has just had an email from Sunshine Holidays. They have said they will be refunding the cost of the accommodation and transfer as soon as possible back to her credit card but they said they will have to wait to apply to Easyjet to get a refund for the flight before refunding the flight cost. Perhaps its the same for Travel Republic?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2020, 13:25:13 PM »
Hi a friend who was booked to go to Calis on 30th May has just had an email from Sunshine Holidays. They have said they will be refunding the cost of the accommodation and transfer as soon as possible back to her credit card but they said they will have to wait to apply to Easyjet to get a refund for the flight before refunding the flight cost. Perhaps its the same for Travel Republic?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

If it is I just wish they would make contact to say so, that's my frustration, as busy as I understand they are. Patience Mark...

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2020, 13:57:35 PM »
TravelRepublic have issued a schedule for making refunds,

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2020, 15:38:40 PM »
TR have today published this on their website:

Covid-19 Customer Support
We’re delighted to announce that we are now processing refunds for holidays affected by Covid-19.

With the scale of this situation and the number of customers affected, we understand that this is an unsettling time for everyone. We also appreciate and apologise for the extensive time taken to secure this outcome for you and so we hope this announcement alleviates any concerns you may have had during this very challenging time.

From Monday 4 May we will start issuing full cash refunds to all Package Holiday customers and for those with flexible rate bookings, this money will be paid back in full, with no dependency on whether we have received money back from the supplier.

To make the refund process as fair as possible, our Customer Service team will be processing each individual refund in strict departure date order. We will begin issuing refunds from week commencing 4 May 2020. This will be for all holidays that were affected up to and including 22 March 2020. We will continue this on a rolling weekly basis, with refunds issued 7 weeks from the original departure week.

Our refund schedule is laid out below and you’ll receive a quick email from us the week before the payment will be made, so you know when to expect your refund.

For customer due to travel week-ending 22nd March, you will receive your refund week commencing 4th May
For customer due to travel week-ending 29th March, you will receive your refund week commencing 11th May
For customer due to travel week-ending 5th April, you will receive your refund week commencing 18th May
For customer due to travel week-ending 12th April, you will receive your refund week commencing 25th May
For customer due to travel week-ending 19th April, you will receive your refund week commencing 1st June
For customer due to travel week-ending 26th April, you will receive your refund week commencing 8th June
For customer due to travel week-ending 3rd May, you will receive your refund week commencing 15th June
For customer due to travel week-ending 10th May, you will receive your refund week commencing 22nd June
For customer due to travel week-ending 17th May, you will receive your refund week commencing 29th June
For customer due to travel week-ending 24th May, you will receive your refund week commencing 6th July
For customer due to travel week-ending 31st May, you will receive your refund week commencing 13th July
We do want to highlight that for any customer who has claimed for non-delivery of services through their payment provider, your refund will be managed in a separate process and in accordance to the terms of that provider.

For further advice on your booking by departure date click through to our support centre Support Centre for the most up to date information

Time to say goodbye to fees and hello to flexibility…
Since the 6th March we’ve removed our hotel amendment and cancellation fees for all new bookings, giving you the freedom to relax a little more and stay flexible.

And of course, if your chosen airline is offering free booking amendments, as your travel agent, we’ll pass those benefits onto you too. This means we’ll not only provide you with all the same options as the airline but, we’ll also assist you through these when you book with Travel Republic.
To help, you can find a list of all of the airlines who we know have waivered their flight amendment fees here Support Centre. As you would expect, any changes in fare or taxes would still need to be paid.

For anyone with attraction tickets, we have consolidated all of the amendments our suppliers have introduced to help when arranging your new dates.

Offline Gordon Smith

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2020, 15:45:06 PM »
All looks good !. See what happens next week when mine is due.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2020, 17:19:12 PM »
We ended up taking the refund credit note and received the following message:

"We have recently made some changes to our Refund Credit Note offering where we are now including a Valued Customer incentive of £25, should you wish to update your credit note to reflect this additional amount we can certainly do that for you.

Alternatively, you can opt for a refund of the value of the credit note (excluding the £25 mentioned above) and we will update your booking to place you into our Refund process. Please note that due to the volume of cancellations and the time it takes to recover funds from global suppliers, the refunds themselves will take time to process but we are committed to doing everything we can to ensure these refunds happen on your behalf. Regrettably I’m unable to commit to a specific time frame but, rest assured we are processing these as quickly as we can.

In the meantime, until your refund is processed your Refund Credit Note will remain live and can be used towards a new booking if you change your mind before your refund has been issued.

Please advise which option you would like to take, and we will update your booking accordingly."

Offline Gordon Smith

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2020, 07:46:02 AM »
Did anybody get a refund from TR last week ?. I had confirmation of my cancelled flight but nothing else.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2020, 14:08:44 PM »
Having had nil correspondence from TR & no way to contact them I have now submitted a section 75 with my CC company for the refund. They advise a minimum wait time of 6 weeks then a further 45 days to allow TR to dispute the claim! Will update when I hear more.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf