Author Topic: Travel Republic: Covid 19 information  (Read 8998 times)

Offline Steve A

Re: Travel Republic: Covid 19 information
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2020, 15:43:08 PM »
Very easy to follow advice on TR website regarding what to do ,it’s divided up by date of travel etc and various ways to contact them

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2020, 23:57:35 PM »
I received a full refund for my May holiday on Friday 26 June.  They had advised the refund would be paid w/c 22 so they were true to their word.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2020, 12:56:45 PM »
Very easy to follow advice on TR website regarding what to do ,it’s divided up by date of travel etc and various ways to contact them
I have tried every which way to contact them including via the FB page but with no response to any. My refund was due at the end of last week but nothing & over 5,000 people saying the same despite them posting the dates it would be done. I have contacted EasyJet who the flight was booked with who inform me TR have not applied for a refund on my booking yet, this now 2 months after my flight date!

"For customer due to travel week-ending 3rd May, you will receive your refund week commencing 15th June" - I haven't!

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2020, 14:55:44 PM »
Can you not apply for a chargeback from your bank. I did that with Easyjet as they were taking too long. received refund within one week .

Offline Steve A

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2020, 16:25:36 PM »
I have tried every which way to contact them including via the FB page but with no response to any. My refund was due at the end of last week but nothing & over 5,000 people
saying the same despite them posting the dates it would be done. I have contacted EasyJet who the flight was booked with who inform me TR have not applied for a refund on my booking yet, this now 2 months after my flight date!

Let’s hope you get it sorted soon

"For customer due to travel week-ending 3rd May, you will receive your refund week commencing 15th June" - I haven't!

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2020, 08:54:13 AM »
I've now submitted a section 75 with the credit card company for both the TR element & the extras paid directly to EJ, advise was to do this & not a chargeback as then the money can't be reclaimed without my knowledge 1st.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2020, 12:48:02 PM »
Todays update: I have received a refund from EJ for the xxl seats that were part of the same booking which shows that TR have finally cancelled the booking with them. However still no sign of the TR main refund & the section 75 is going through the motions so just need to be patient! TR still have no phone contact available nor do they acknowledge let alone reply to my requests for assistance.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2020, 15:37:36 PM »
supacabby, .

did you know that  TR were bought out around xmas by the DNATA group part owned by emerates group  .

friends of ours have a similar issue to yours and are now in contact with the new [ april 2020 ] M D of the uk dnata operation  who I quote is ardently looking into their claim

contacts   frank rejwan   m d ,   Stephen john allan director.
 clareden house 147 London road.
 Kingston upon thames  surrey .
KT26 6NH

Offline Gordon Smith

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2020, 15:54:10 PM »
Got my refund today from EasyJet via Travel Republic for the cancelled March flight. Better late than never.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2020, 15:53:38 PM »
Todays update: I emailed 1 of the management team at TR yesterday, lo & behold I've had an email today saying my "flight" has been cancelled (no 5hit Sherlock - I was due to fly over 3 months ago!) & a refund will be done in 3 to 5 days. No mention of the hotel booking nor the refund on that, will update further if & when anything happens, let's hope they get back to me before the section 75 kicks in!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf