Author Topic: Plane fares could double after coronavirus lockdown  (Read 4096 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Plane fares could double after coronavirus lockdown
« on: April 14, 2020, 11:34:42 AM »
Air fares could double when lockdown is lifted, making foreign holidays temporarily unaffordable for many British families.

The Telegraph understands ticket prices are set to surge because once non-essential foreign travel is once again allowed, aircraft carriers are likely to be barred from fully filling planes.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/plane-fares-could-double-lockdown1/?utm_content=telegraph&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1586811199

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Plane fares could double after coronavirus lockdown
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 17:30:03 PM »
I’m sure they will go up. I’ve just checked Dalaman for sept and it’s £350 each from Liverpool. I paid £209 each for May this year.

I won’t be going at those prices.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 17:33:43 PM »
Just checked our Portugal flight in Sept and it’s now £300 each. We paid £308 for two.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 19:09:56 PM »
I do wonder how many people will be wary of travelling in the confines of an aircraft soon after the restrictions are lifted. :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 19:31:27 PM »
I've always suffered from coughs and colds within a couple of days of flying. 3 days after getting back from Istanbul in mid-October I was suffering from a chest infection which didn't clear up until the New Year.

I certainly won't be booking anything for the next few months.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 19:56:21 PM »
The present Mrs H suffered an extremely serious respiratory problem two days after flying back from Turkey in September 2018.

Can't say if it had anything to do with the flight though.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 19:59:47 PM »
It’s inevitable that flights and holiday prices will increase.  These companies will want to recoup some of their losses but if the increases deter people from going because its unaffordable it won’t help these companies one little bit.  People are accepting vouchers for cancelled holidays or rebooking for alternative dates.  What they don’t realise is that the prices won’t be the same and they will have to pay the difference unless they get a promise of the cost remaining the same, which I very much doubt.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 14:57:17 PM »
Agree with all said. However, at the moment if you are with easyJet and change flight they appear to be giving free exchanges - eg we swapped two cancelled flights costing £200 in total for two Flights to Turkey in late July that would have otherwise cost us £1100.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 15:53:22 PM »
Heres a little tip for those that suffer with respiratory problems, always put vaseline just inside your nostrils before flying and throughout as it acts as a barrier for infection.
Theres also a vicks product called first defence you can use as well, these worth both recommended to my mom who has COPD.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2020, 16:01:21 PM »
Heres a little tip for those that suffer with respiratory problems, always put vaseline just inside your nostrils before flying and throughout as it acts as a barrier for infection.

Great, provided you only breathe through your nose.   :)  Almost impossible for Mrs KKOB who also suffers from COPD.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf