Author Topic: Tui not giving refunds  (Read 4719 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Tui not giving refunds
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 13:00:50 PM »
It's going to be a bit of a Catch-22 for the start.

The hotels won't open unless there are flights. The tourists won't come if there aren't any flights. The flights won't start until they can be sure there will be enough bums on seats to make it worthwhile.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2020, 13:22:38 PM »
Turkey's Health Minister said COVID-19 measures will be gradually lifted after the holy month of Ramadan, Hürriyet newspaper reported.

Ramadan in Turkey this year starts on April 24 and ends on May 23.

"According to the May plans expressed by minister Koca, it is stated that gradually easing the measures can be brought to the agenda after Ramadan. It is stated that different approaches can be followed for each province at the beginning of June depending on the course of the infection."

Hürriyet

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2020, 09:10:57 AM »
All of the UK’s biggest airlines and most big holiday companies are systematically breaking the law by denying timely refunds to customers for travel cancelled during the pandemic, researchers have found.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/22/big-uk-airlines-and-travel-firms-denying-refunds-which-coronavirus

Offline Steve A

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2020, 09:52:07 AM »
Read Martin Lewis who outlines its a ploy to at a minimum delay refunds.The companies offer an online voucher/ credit note service which can be redeemed against future holidays.If you want to stick out for a refund you must either a) Wait to be contacted by them or b) Ring them which is nigh on impossible .The hope being most people will get fed up and go for the easy credit note option.
You didn’t pay with a voucher or credit note so stick out for refund that is your legal entitlement.

Offline daveG

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2020, 12:28:14 PM »
Couldn't agree more Steve had this issue with Jet2.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 09:56:20 AM »
Due to go to Mutlu this week just been refunded by On the Beach with notification that refund agreed with Jet2 for flights but will take up to 28 days

Offline daveG

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2020, 13:00:05 PM »
Yes Steve my notification of a refund was advised on 23/4/20 that it would also take 28days from Jet2.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf